1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Freckles on a female bust 1/10

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Power Elephant, Mar 26, 2020.

1. So I am painting a female bust 1/10 scale, and will soon be finished with the skin. I intend to add some freckles and am looking into possible techniques that will give me the best result and randomness. I was thinking about splattering paint off a brush in a controled way, but am worried it may ruin the work I've done so far. Anyone try this techniqe? Any other way of getting good results and randomness? I am using acrylic paints. Thanks.
  2. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    You could do it how I would

One at a time.
    Oda, MattMcK. and DaddyO like this.
  3. What shade of brown is best for freckles in your oppinion?
  4. Nap A Fixture

England
    MattMcK. likes this.
  5. Nap A Fixture

England

A medium Sienna IMO

Nap
  6. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Agree with Kev about 'splattering'...there's not enough control no matter how careful you are.
    Careful brushwork is the way to go. As for colour...it depends on the basic skin tone you've painted.
    You have to have sufficient soft contrast to be noticeable as an endearing feature without creating
    a case of 'smallpox'. The attached picture might explain further.....hope it inspires.

image258.jpg

Mike
    Martin64, chailey, Scotty and 2 others like this.
  7. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Possibly brown madder...... maybe
    Nap likes this.
  8. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nap likes this.
  9. I did end up splattering after seeing that manual aplication did not produce the randomness I was looking for, and after I recieved some advice from a local painters group. Here is the result. They seemed to like it but your feedback would also be apreciated.
    [IMG]
    Old Pete, Nap, malc and 1 other person like this.
  10. Henkm Active Member

It looks great to me, but the more important question is whether you yourself like it.
  11. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
  12. I am happy with it, but I wish I used a brighter shade for the freckles since her skin is so bright.
    Martin64 likes this.