1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Frank-Miniatures present

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by Frank, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Awesome piece,when will it be available?
    christos
  2. dinovision79 Active Member

Hi Carl and Frank,

it is an amazing and outstanding sculpt! The sense of action is simply prefect (and unfortunately not that often seen)!! :)
    Do you use some kind of wire reinforcement to the base? It's hard to believe the cows also hold the horse and rider!

Thanks
    Denes
  3. custer760 Well-Known Member

I can verify for this amazing peice of art as I recieved mine from Frank personally on Saturday.....Thanks Carl mate !!!!!
    The sculpting is truly amazing and the casting is perfect....It is also cast by Carl in the perfect Harton Way.The Horse is 4 peices (including saddle peice) resin and the tail is white metal.The Cowboy is resin and the arms are white metal.The steers (longhorns) are 3 peices resin and the horns and tails are metal.The base is resin and there is also a canteen lassoo and blanket roll. There are really stable thick steel rods through the legs of the cattle and there is absolutely no way that this baby is not going to hold together because it is perfectly planned. It is a beauty and will be available at Euro-Militaire where Carl will be bringing 15 peices for Frank.After that it will be available from Frank Miniatures and from Chuck Robinson at Red Lancers.
    Regards....And once again thanks Carl buddy see you at the weekend !!!!!
    Pete
  4. carl reid A Fixture

England
    Cheers Pete you sexy minx,
    I thought you would like it mate. That means I don't need to cast one specillay for you buddy. I'll bring the fiver with me, for the review He He
    See you friday mate.

Carl and girls
  5. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Oh boy Carl !! Another great big hole in my credit card - I MUST have it
  6. Don Well-Known Member

Carl, you seem to be getting good at this casting, must be time for you to get back in the saddle and reform Harton.
    Lovely bit of work, the whole thing is stunning. Great Work
    Don

Have you got any idea on price?
  7. krom1415 Member

United-Kingdom
    Wow, superb movement, and a great sculpt, i'll look out for it at Euro
  8. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Wow ! You should sculpt and cast more of that stuff - cowboys and indians and trappers !!
    This looks great and I asked a friend who's going to Euro Mil to bring me back one of these.

Keep up the good work !
  9. dannyk01 New Member

Australia
    Wow... so realistic and it definently shows lots of motion going on. I honestly think figures are supposed to capture a scene and this one defiently has. Good on ya carl for making it is such a realistic pose.

Daniel
  10. abbo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    picked up one of these at euro as it has the look of a Remington piece.
    fantastic sculpting and great casting .Bit expensive but when you see the work thats gone in to it you will understand why.
    On my one the brass rod shows through the legs in places but nothing a little filler wont fix easily.
    Dont suppose you can do a sister piece for next year of native american on a buffalo hunt'
    [even my wife said to buy this one]
    Martin
  11. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Whats the going price for this piece?
    Gibt es Schweden Abzug? ;)

Cheers
  12. Zlobov*S Active Member

This vignette fine! Hot greetings and respect to author Carl Reid!
    Very beautiful work and also very interesting statement of all figures!
    What price? When release?
    Show please others a foreshortening - one photo a little what to admire.
    Yours faithfully.
  13. custer760 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,
    on behalf of Frank....Many thanks for the support,we sold out of this beauty on Saturday !!!!But Carl is now already casting a new batch for Frank-Miniatures.It was a great success and everyone (including the Euro-Militaire organizers) were telling us that it was the best release at the show.The price is 120 Euros which is not so expensive when you realise that you have a 75mm mounted peice and two cows,but anyway we didnt have any complaints that it was expensive....Just complaints that we were sold out !!!! Sorry...
    Frank will be taking new stock over to the Saint Vincent show and he will also be in Sevres.
    Or just contact him at Frank Miniatures.
    Many many thanks to you all. And especially to Carl and Maureen !!!!!
    Pete
  14. carl reid A Fixture

England
    Cowboy Stampede

Hi all,

I would just like to thank everyone at Euro for the wonderful response the "Stampede" received.
    As you can appreciate the pictures very rearly do any piece justice and this is no exception.
    I understand the price may appear to be a little high, but when you take into account the average mounted 75mm piece is around the £70 mark! for another £30 you recieve 2 steers also!
    As for the brass rienforcement wire,it is is very close to being unachievable because the scale and the thickness of the wire ratio required to carry the piece. But always rememeber the wire is inside the cavity of the casting (never protrueding).

My last comment is to all those friends I saw over the weekend, folks you only see once a year. And not least to my very close dear friends Peter Shaw and Frank Konetzke. Thank you for a great weekend. The only sad part of the Euro weekend is leaving on Monday morning!!!

I hope you all enjoy the "Stampede"

Signing off as a very grateful and humbled Carl.

Thank you all!!!

Carl