1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

franco-prussian war

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by mcsneed17, Mar 28, 2005.

1. mcsneed17 Member

first i would like the basic colors for the uniforms (including cavalry, infantry and anything else). thank you marc yablon. my e-mail address is mcsneed17@aol.com.
  2. Pete Wenman Member

United-Kingdom
    Marc hi

You might want to post this kind of question in the Uniformolgy section of the forum, and it might also be worth a search of that section as I'm pretty sure people have asked similar questions before

Osprey do two books on the subject part1 covers the Prussian Army (MAA416)

in the meantime

http://www.kaisersbunker.com/dunkelblau/tunics/

HTH

Pete
  3. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hey Pete

Great Link, I just mite have to use this one

Dave
  4. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wargames foundry used to have a painting reference giving colors for units of the Prussian and French armies. I looked at their site and the only thing I could find is a book/booklet that is available for sale.~Gary
  5. btavis Active Member

United-States
    I have a complete set of FP War Uniform specifications which I bought from a UK bookseller (Hersants?). If you tell me which specific units you are looking for I can provide the uniform colors and regimental colors for either the French, Prussians Bavarians, etc.

Here is a website with many German uniforms of the period.

Actually, let me give you the main web URL since that German site has numerous information on uniforms: http://www.grosser-generalstab.de