1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Foxwood Figures -New company!

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by callmehobbes, Dec 6, 2010.

1. callmehobbes Active Member

England
    I've just seen a new company that is selling on ebay. They've a new 120mm Brit Infantry figure (ww2) by Pete Morton as their first figure (looks really good!) and say that their plan is to produce several new figures and buy up the rights and release lots of old figures from various sculptors/companies. Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up.
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Does anyone have any contact info for Foxwood ?
  3. callmehobbes Active Member

England
    I pulled this from the info they have on their Ebay listings:

Foxwood Figures is a new model figure business based in Somerset, that will offer modellers something just a little bit different: a combination of newly commissioned figures plus the acquisition of masters, moulds and full reproduction rights to a range of figures from past companies that, for a variety of reasons, have ceased trading.

This will allow us to offer figures from a wide and diversified selection of sculptors from some of the old time “greats” such as Al Charles, Cliff Sanderson, Richard Almond and Bill Hearne, through to some more recently retired greats such as Derek Cross and Alan Caton as well as some of the current “greats” such as Maurice Corry and Pete Morton.

This includes a number of complete figure ranges – such as All the Queens Men (80mm plus), Oakwood Studios, Spearhead Miniatures and a number of the former Maurice Corry Miniatures to name but a few, as well as a number of individual figures. We have also purchased a large amount of "redundent stock", some of which has been stored for well over 10 years.

Now, we do need to be careful. Some of these “Forgotten Companies” figures will be dated and many will require “modelling skills” to complete. So, yes, you will need to file down seam lines and many joints will need filler too! You will need to have some patience. But they will make up into good kits – and kits in subjects not always covered today.

Clearly the demand for these older figures will be lower than brand new ones and to make this work we will need to keep our costs down to a minimum. So we will not be producing expensive printed boxes with artwork showing newly commissioned painted figures. This will simply mean that the cost of the figures is going to be higher than we can sell them for.

In fact, we are quite a “green” company so we will use recycled posting and packing material whenever possible. This will allow us to keep our costs down and to offer customers “value models” where the important thing is the casting itself.

We are also still looking for additional figures so if you own, or know of someone who owns figures, no longer in production, then please let us know via our email address of foxwoodfigures@btinternet.com. Similarly, if you are a sculptor with figures to move on, then please contact us as well.

However, it was early retirement through ill health that has presented us with this opportunity to set up this business......and it is the continuing health issue that means that we can, for the time being, only operate on a limited run basis and on a basis where we can control the sales output. So, for the time being, we will only be marketing these figures through our eBay account, foxwoodfigures, and hope to have a website up and running in the future with our full range of over 200 figures.
  4. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Paul,

I assume you are the Yeovil address that have been selling off all of the old Almond kits on Ebay recently?

Keith
  5. callmehobbes Active Member

England
    Nope, not me. I'm just an ebay addict (who always gets outbid!) and happened to spot something new.
  6. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    That's nice to hear especially as they're in the same county as me , ( for USA readers that means state but much smaller ) .
    chippy
  7. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for the info! (y)
  8. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Foxwood Figures is run by Terry Warren. He is in the middle of a house move, but once settled in will be releasing ex Spearhead Miniature figures, other Pete Morton figures, some remastered figures in 90mm, 12mm and 200mm as well as re-releases from 'All the Queen's Men', and other assorted figures as well.

Best wishes,

Mike
  9. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  10. Scott777 Active Member

United-States
    It will be interesting to see what Foxwood releases.
  11. Clifton New Member

Belgium
    Foxwood is still selling on Ebay but their policy to use Global Shipping Program to send figures even within European Union (in my case, Belgium...) makes the prices definitely out of range for the penniless collector I am... Too bad...
    napoleonpeart likes this.