1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Forgworld Orc Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Got this puppy in the mail today, and I couldnt keep away from him! Im painting him for Thomas's brother (pF usename: Grizzly).

Ive never painted a large scale Orc before and it is a blast! I am not sure about the skin color, a little sea sick maybe, and I wish he was a little paler, maybe I will redo him, we'll see how the rest turns out. The metals are a various mix of Gunze Mr. Metalizer.

Aaaah back to the bench!

[IMG]
  2. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Anders,LOVE the orc's eyes;he seems almost ALIVE ! WAAAGH......But seriously,a GOOD start on the bust (y) (y) Looking forward to its completion.Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  3. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Anders,

KEEP THE SKINTONES!!! It's just great, and then those eyes. WONDERFULL!!!!

keep us informed please.

Gino ;)
  4. jitch0t Member

Spain
    i agree with Gino, the skintones look great for an Orc :) and metals look amazing too

great work again, keep us posted plz
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Anders the eyes look great,very realistic.
    Looking forward to the finished product.

Roc.
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Come on Anders.....quit lookin at the putor and finish the Orc.....wanna see what it looks like......hehehehe.............ya doin good Anders.......may just have to order me an Orc!!!!!!
  7. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    I think it looks fantastic. Keep the skin tones!

I saw a similar fig in a photo in the latest HM? Is this the same one?

Ketih
  8. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Hi Anders
    It makes me remember the good old times...
    Good green skin and I love the eyes.

Attached Files:

9. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    Andres
    I was wondering where you picked that piece up at?? It looks like an interesting break from the ordinary.
    Rob Brown
    ;)
  10. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Thanks for the encouraging comments, suppose that I will leave the skin as it is :)

It is definately a change from the norm, but it is fun, I am almost done with it, and I have only painted on it for a few hours...I want it to last longer!!

However I have a chemestry test and a math test tomorrow :angry: :angry: so I wont have much time to paint today. I will probably finish him tomorrow though. Gonna paint some design on his breast plate, just not sure what yet.

I am not sure where you can buy them, but I think you can do a search for Forge World and something will show up. Im not sure if it is the same one as in HM magazine either, havent seen the mag.

Its a great bust though, and a whole heap of fun to paint!

Will post more pics asap!
  11. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
  12. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Anders, AWESOME looking colors. Very cool (y) . One question though. Are you going to have leather straps painted on with the metal rings or will you leave them as metal? I'm looking forward to seeing your work continue on this project. A little out of the ordinary but that's what keeps this hobby interesting for us.

Jim Patrick
  13. Grizzly Member

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/

This is Forge Worlds link, my brother got this ork and two more from his local Games Workshop store;so you can get these busts there as well.
    If you don't know of a store near you checkout a copy of White Dwarf magazine or message me and i will check it out for ya. ;)

Forge World has several great busts,nice change of pace from the norm; i have their Terminator space marine bust and Inquisitor Grundvald bust(very nice )
    hope to be able to get some pics soon for you all,hope mine turn out good.
  14. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    Andres or Thomas
    What scale do you think these would equate to? These are some nice pieces but seem to be $$$ pricey unless they are about 1/6 to 1/4 scale.

If you want to see some of these busts plus some other very nicely painted figures (although most are gaming, but not all) check out this website, go to the gallery and check out an artist by the name of Philippe.
    www.coolminiornot.com
    He does some very nice work.

Rob
  15. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Anders

He's looking very good indeed! Glad to see some of the excellent Forgeworld stuff make it onto here! The skintones look great!

Jaume: is that how you started? And that's not a GW Orc? seem to remember another company sculpting some a few years back.

I too have a number of Forgeworld figures and busts. Inquisitor Grunvald is superb!
    Nearly painted one of them, the Leonatas Space Marine, image attached.

These are hefty pieces cast in a stone like resin, that may account for their cost.

:)

Rob

Attached Files:

16. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Kewl work dood, I didn't know they were modelling my mum but kewl likeness too ;)

Robin
  17. Grizzly Member

Rob,not quite sure the scale all i know is the orc bust Anders is doing is 80mm,and the space marine bust and the Inquisitor Grundvald bust are 75mm & 135mm;they all pretty much differ.
    The heavy wieght of the resin is the main reason for the high prices.
    But their busts are very detailed and ive never had to do any real clean up on them.
  18. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Jim!

Aaaah no, I will paint the straps :) I am just a messy painter and that Mr. Metalizer stuff gets everywhere! Thats why I always do the metal areas first.

As for scale, I am not sure about the 80mm, the bust is same size as a 200mm bust, although these Orcs might be super big.

Will post update tonight!
  19. yancy Member

United-States
    Anders-

I agree with everyone else, leave the skin tones as they are.

I believe that when you lay in the teeth, horns, and surrounding items you will see a change in the overall composition. I also agree that the eyes look great. I would like to see more on how you did these.

What color are you planning to make the horns? I think something along the lines of steer horns would look great. I can also see very grundgy teeth. Maybe bone white with a thick wash of sepia at the base. Just tossing out ideas.

As you all can probably tell, I love these subjects. They allow so much artistic creativity.

Keep up the great work! (y)

Yancy
  20. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

First of all, thanks Yancy!

Here are a couple more pics of the bust, its nearing completion and I am planning on getting him done tomorrow sometime, I wanna get back to sculpting the Vietnam GI's!

This bust has been a complete blast, and I would love to do some of their other busts.

Anyways, still need to work on the skull, the necklace, rivets and the hair, and probably a few touch ups here and there.

[IMG]

Wanna piece of me eerrrgh? Aaaargh!!!

[IMG]