1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Forest patrol

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by slaj, Oct 2, 2007.

1. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi guys. This is my latest effort before I get onto the bus for Chicago. It's a foot dragoon on patrol in the forest. It's in 54mm. All is scratch except for some historex equipment. Thanks for looking.

Stephen Mallia

Attached Files:

2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Blimey! Your getting the bus from Malta to Chicago? Is it one of the those green ones I remember from being in Malta?
    Seriously though Stephen I love the muted colour you've used and he's got a real look of moving steathily through the trees. Excellent.

Roger
  3. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Stephen

very nicely done, great colouring, especially the greens, a hard colour to get right, I like this with its interesting pose.....Good luck in Chicago mate

Dave
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hey Stephen

It's a beauty, good luck in Chicago. Great colours and the leaf litter on the base as very realistic.

Cheers
    Tony
  5. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Roger thanks. They're still the same buses only now they're yellow:):)

Stephen Mallia
  6. eissteban Active Member

France
    Hi Stephen
    Every time but your work make me voiceless.
    The posing is very original, another high quality work and i'm happy to see what can we do with historex pieces.
    Good luck for Chicago (have you one seat for me in the bus ? ;) ). It will be a great week-end i think.

Hey Roger, two dragoons this week : a red and a green ! lucky

Seb.
  7. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Dave, Tony thanks. It's my first trip to Chicago so I have my fingers crossed !!

Stephen Mallia
  8. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    WoW WoW WoW please allow my childish joy at this one mate.......I like a LOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :D

Honestly and not because we're club mates or anything, this is REALLY great IMHO.......you're really flying with each new piece off your workbench!!!!!!!!!! This confirms that the first ever Gold at EuroMilitaire for a maltese modeller (YOU) was a WORTHY 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep them rolling :)

Ray ;)
  9. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Stephen, well done mate! I wish he were peering out from around a tree, but a small complaint for such a great effort! Can't wait to see him in person. I need to make sure I bump into you at Chicago, I need to shake that talented hand of yours. Maybe some of your talent will rub off! HA! You're ahead of me, I am actually still working on one piece I hope to finish for Chicago! Wish me luck, there's blue oils to go yet! (Long drying times!) Cya there! Enjoy the bus ride, I had no idea they had bus service from Malta to Chicago now........................

Jay H.
    OKC
  10. Sam Active Member

Malta
    It does look excellent mate but you know me I have to see it "live" to critique and advice you :lol: :lol:

A rookie gives advice to a pro hahahaha
    :D :D

Nice pose and nice combination with colours ;)

Wish to paint like you some day :):):)

See you tomorrow mate,

Samwel Vella
  11. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    great figure
    the only thing I miss are a few trees or tree stumps.
    I'm curious what kind of metal you will be bringing back to Malta
  12. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    I can only repeat the compliments so far. I do like the look of concentration on the guy's face. :)

Your timing is perfect. I've been looking for a picture of turnbacks like that so I can finish Isaac Brock.

See you soon in Chicago!
    Wendy
  13. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent painting Stephen. Good luck in Chicago and enjoy!
  14. Another Gold winner my friend that green is fantastic and compliments the overall palette of colour ... surroundings and all ... will we see it tomorrow?

Ivan
  15. Hardy Guest

looks great Steven. As I know your photo skills are bad I can only expect its excellent in the flesh. Well done on your euro gold mate, here's to many more.

Hardy
  16. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Wow! Seeing these works makes me grateful I will be showing in the painters only category in Chicago;). Again I am really looking forward to seeing these figures in person and perhaps having the opportunity to get a few tips. Have a safe journey!
  17. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Seb, thanks.I do find Historex parts handy when I'm doing 'one of' pieces even though on this one there's only the converted musket and 2 hands. Not much really !!

Stephen Mallia
  18. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Ray, thanks mate. I really enjoyed doing this one and maybe it shows from the result. I think I might be able to bring it over to the club tomorrow. See you

Stephen Mallia
  19. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Jay, please look me up at Chicago. I want to make as many new friends as possible while there. Thanks for you nice words too

Stephen Mallia
  20. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Sam I accept comments from everyone. Being a rookie doesn't mean you can't come up with something I can learn. That goes for all of us !! See you tomorrow.

Stephen Mallia