1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

For King And Country !

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by yeo_64, Mar 29, 2005.

1. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hi guys ! Well,my current job requirements has made me too tired-out to do any painting,so I thought I'd sculpt another figure just to get my creative juices flowing again.This is an officer of the 52nd(Oxfordshire) Light Division during the retreat from Burgos in the winter of 1812.Historex spares and 2-part epoxy putty were used for this creation. I'll be working on the groundwork next (a snow-covered patch of ground).Thanks for looking and cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. jjgurk Member

United-States
    A great piece Kenneth. Very very nice indeed.

John
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Kenneth my friend, beautifully done, looking forward to the next step.

Cheers

Roc. :)
  4. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Kenneth, he's coming along well. This is your best to date.~Gary
  5. nagashino New Member

Hi Kenneth

A very nice job - especially since it depicts an officer from my old outfit - a bit before my own time, though :lol: Burgos was one of the battle-honours on our cap-badge (Royal Green Jackets - formed from amalgamation of 52nd (Oxfordshire), 60th (Rifle Brigade) and 95th (King's Royal Rifle Corps))

Please keep us up to date with his progress!

Best regards

Phil
  6. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hello Kenneth...really great use of Historex parts. You done a great deal of work on this character with all the bandages and the excellent pose....and I love the greatcoat and it's good to see the damage to the uniform. I bet this'll be a lot of fun to paint.

All the best.

Roy.
  7. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Kenneth, I am a fan of Historex and can never see enough of them. Great job on your in progress piece. I think you have really added alot of character with the greatcoat and the bandages. Can't wait to see it completed. And I really enjoy seeing figures in winter scenes. Don't forget to post your work when it is completed as I am eager to see it!

Happy Trails, Terry Martin
  8. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    That's another great piece Kenneth. I really enjoy your pieces since they are from a favorite era of mine. Keep up the great work buddy.
  9. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia
    Kenneth great figure reminds me of the Stormtrooper 95th Rifles figure. Can't wait for the painted result!

quick one for Phil May from another former Green Jacket (3rd). Burgos isn't on the cap badge and isn't a Regimental Battle honour and I think you got the old regiments mixed up.....

Have a look...
    :)
    http://www.royalgreenjackets.co.uk/regheritageframeset.htm
  10. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Thank you very much,John;your encouragement is much appreciated :) !
    Kenneth.
  11. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Roc,my dear friend,thank you very much for the encouragement :lol: ! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  12. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Thanks,Gary;I've learnt ALOT from your SBS articles on the "planet" and have applied them to my sculpting projects. Cheers !
  13. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Phil,high praise indeed coming from an ex-member of this distinguished unit;I am honoured indeed ! Cheers.
    Kenneth :)
  14. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Thank you very much,Roy;yes,I can't wait to "brighten" this character up too ! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  15. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Thanks for the encouragement,Terry (y) :lol: !! I'll definitely post some more pictures soon ! BTW,you're right about the Historex spares,they're a BLAST to use ! Cheers.
    Kenneth.
  16. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Xenofon,my friend,thank you very much for the encouragement;I just hope I won't disappoint with the finished piece. Cheers !
  17. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Thanks,Jim,I really appreciate the positive feedback ! Cheers !
    Kenneth :)
  18. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looks good Kenneth..........you have done a remarkable job on his tattered uniform. I look forward to seeing this painted
  19. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Thank you very much,Guy ! I hope that I won't disappoint with the result. Cheers !
    Kenneth.