1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP For Honour, Robot Rocket Miniatures

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by franck edet, Sep 25, 2022.

1. franck edet A Fixture

Canada
    Hello Gents,

following my review of this great bust from RRM

https://www.planetfigure.com/threads/for-honour-robot-rocket-miniatures-1-10th-bust.498832/

box.jpg

here is my start today, i mainly placed colors on the "scenery" nothing is final here(far from it !) but i thought it would be cool to show the whole process :)
    so here i am after mixing a lot of hues together, the goal is to obtain a visually interesting "frame" but keeping it soft as i want the main subject being the figure. And my wife (who offered me the figure) wants me to keep as close as i can to the computer rendering of the "box art" :)

so here i am, very basic work :

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg

this is the start of a very long journey ... but i love it !
    Oda, Nap, gforceman and 1 other person like this.
  2. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

That's going to be very cool.

Steve
  3. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
  4. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Interesting to see the difference between computer rendering and the real piece..nice job so far
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Franck

Thanks for them review you did , certainly a challenging piece , looks a lot to deal with but a great start

Following with interest

Happy benchtime

Nap
  6. franck edet A Fixture

Canada
    Hello my Friends,
    I have quite a tough time actually as my wife got a profesional injury to her left shoulder (she can't use her left arm at all) so i had to take care of her for the last weeks ...
    Yesterday i succeeded to have some spare time for the bench :) and I started to work on the wannabe skin (LOL) My goal is to depict something artificial trying to look like real skin ...
    which is quite a challenge.

as a base i used a kind of brwon violet called indian shadow by S75 then i slowly got into lights by adding golden skin to the base ... I then added some orange to the mix for the mid tones, gradually adding glazes and glazes.

some parts were treated with various glazes to add some interest (glazes were done from the base, base + black or base + orange ... trying to keep a kind of logic in it)

finally, here i am, not really satisfied yet but i think i am on a good path ... please feel free to comment :)

004.jpg
    Nap, gforceman and Oda like this.
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Franck

Firstly we all wish your wife a speedy recovery

Nice to see the update ...you certainly challenge yourself ref the skin ...definately on the right road to achieve it

Following your progress when you can get to the bench

Happy nursing and benchtime

Nap