1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Football Custom of Denver Broncos TE Danile Fells

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Joe Hudson, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    I have finally finished up a custom for Daniel Fells.He requested this pose, it is not exact but hopefully close. He has now signed a 3 year deal with the Patriots, so who knows who might be next on my list! It feels good to finally get something done. I am really slow but I hope that you guys like it. I sent pictures to Daniel and he was very happy. I should get the nameplate today or tomorrow and then I will mail this one out to Daniel.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Gary D, Edorta, jerry and 7 others like this.
  2. DaveG Active Member

United-States
    Amazing detail Joe. How big is this one?

DG
  3. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Beautifully done Joe.
    You'll have to do one of Tebow getting traded now!:whistle:
  4. Piotrec Active Member

United-States
    It looks really good. The only thing I would change is the mounting pole, something transparent, like acrylic would definately do a better job. Other than that, great piece.
  5. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    This does look really good, nice work sir. Too bad you couldn't also have the defender in there and have him pinned to the defender so the mounting pole could go away. I agree with Piotr that clear might look better. But it is still very lifelike and completley awesome.
    sarouman likes this.
  6. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'm no fan of US Football but this is an amazingly produced sculpture, the level of detail and lifelike pose is simply incredible!

One of the best things I have seen on PF!!
  7. Piotrec Active Member

United-States
    I noticed one more thing. His cleats are extremaly clean, especially sole. I think little bit of green and some grass here and there could make it even more realistic.
  8. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    It could be artificial turf that Joe is depicting here.
    Nice job Joe, these figures that you do are really cool coming from a hysterical NFL fan.
    Scott
  9. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great Joe! In addition to the excellent work on Fells, that ball is incredible.
  10. sarouman A Fixture

Greece

100% agree

Alexandros
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Stunning work Joe. I agree with the others about making the defender. In my eyes the pole is to much in sight. Lighter color or indeed clear will do better.
    But, it is some amazing sculpt and paintwork.

Marc
  12. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Dave,

Thank you. he is about 6" tall/long.:D

Joe
  13. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Mike,
    I thought about it but for now I am just doing the ones the players themselves request.

Joe
  14. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Peter and Mike,

Thanks for the kind words and yeah the other guy would be cool but Daniel just asked for himself and not the whole picture. The reason for the black pole is because it is a steel rod, through the body and I have to ship it to his home in CA, so a clear rod would not make the shipping. N
    Now for you guys my friend Saul made the rod go away....:ROFLMAO:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  15. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    My goodness, that could be a real person if you didn't know what you were looking at.
  16. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Peter,

You are correct. I thought about adding some but these guys prefer to have them more as a trophey than dirty, if that makes any sense. He is adding this to his trophey case but maybe I can convince him to add a little.

Hey Scott,

Thanks alot! It is actually turf and should have a little but these guys really do not get much on them. I actuall have 5 pair of game/turf used shoes and they really do not show much. These guys usually get new shoes every game or every other.

Joe

Here are 2 pictures that I had of 2 different shoes. I think they don't show much because there is nothing really on the bottoms but cleats, but again I could dirty them up some I guess.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  17. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hi Joe,

Great figure. That was a joke about Tebow BTW. Based on his likely departure from the Broncos due to Manning coming aboard.;)
  18. Piotrec Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Joe. It's unbelievably good without the rod. So realistic!
  19. outrunthedogs Member

United-States
    Very well done! :)
  20. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    This work is un- frickin'- real!!!! I showed the pics to my 19 year old son and he was blown away by this and your other ballplayers. According to him, your pieces make the McFarlane sports figures look weak. For what it's worth, he doesn't give compliments lightly.
    For us northerners, have you ever or would you ever do sculpts of hockey players? No cages... the face is more visible and of course we hockey players are a handsome bunch:rolleyes:

Can't wait for the next one

Colin