1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Foot Dragoon

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by slaj, Sep 15, 2007.

1. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Final stages in the sculpting of this foot dragoon. Should be finished some time this week. Just a few quick photos to share with you guys. Thanks

Stephen Mallia

Attached Files:

2. eissteban Active Member

France
    hi stephen
    you're so strong ;)

The green parts that we see are a mix of duro and magisculp ?

Seb.
  3. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Stephen,

You have done a really nice job here with a difficult pose. Excellent! However, there is one thing which really sticks out like a sore thumb: the ankles are as big around as his upper thighs!

Honestly, the lower legs look like they come from a completely different figure with different proportions - which they apparently did!

The best solution would be to replace the lower legs entirely. The second, less drastic solution would be to carve the existing shins and ankles down to a more acceptable size. In no way should the ankles appear anywhere near the same size as the thighs. In fact, I would recommend fattening up the upper thighs as well. The upper legs usually taper in size from the top to their thinnest point just above the knees.

I hope you don't take this criticism the wrong way. I think this really is an excellent model! It is only this one minor anatomical point which, for me, lets it down visually.

Cheers!!

Mike
  4. marcellin de marbot New Member

Italy
    Hi Stephen,
    Original position. Attention with the painting...The thirty regiments of foot dragoons were divided in fifteen having horizontal pockets and the remaining fifteen having vertical pockets. Your figure has the horizontal pockets, then you are obliged to paint it as one of the 15 with horizontal ones, following the distinctions ruled for them, on the collar, cuffs and their straps of cuffs, and turnbacks.
    Ciao
    Marcello
  5. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good sculping,I like the pose of the figure!
    christos
  6. Francis Gekiere Active Member

Belgium
    Excellent work, man.Original pose of the figure.
    Waiting to see paint.

Francis
  7. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Stephen my friend, that's another beauty of yours. Excellent pose and subject. It would be great to see some of your Napoleonic stuff commercially available.

Xenofon
  8. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi Seb, thanks. Yes the green areas are MS/Duro mix.

Stephen Mallia
  9. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Mike no offence whatsoever...especially if coming from you :):). In fact for the parts in question I used the gaiters of a commercial figure. What I'll do is carve down a bit on the area and resculpt it. Half a days work and it should be ok. Thanks for pointing out.

Stephen Mallia
  10. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Ciao Marcello, if my research is correct I intended to go for the 25th Regt. with the orange facings. Your confirmation on this would help a lot !!!

Stephen Mallia
  11. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Xenofon thanks. You just have to wait a little bit longer. They're planned for next year.!!

Stephen Mallia
  12. marcellin de marbot New Member

Italy
    Ciao Stephen,
    Yes, the 25th is correct, included in the set of the three regiments (with the 26th and 27th) having horizontal pocket and "aurore" facings. In this case, aurore collar, turnbacks, cuffs and straps of cuffs, all piped green.
    Ciao
    Marcello
  13. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful sculpting Stephen. I especially like the pose.
  14. Sam Active Member

Malta
    Dan xinhu kemm hu ikrah???
    Qisu..............................

Sry guys something with our native language :D:D

Beautiful sculpting my friend and not to mention the realistic pose he is:D

SO natural mate will we see it next wednesday??
    Please bring it;)

Looking forward to seeing it painted ;)

Samwel Vella
  15. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks Marcello for the confirmation.

Guy thank you.

Sam, thanks. Probably not this Wednesday but surely after I return from Euro

By the time I write this I have already corrected the minor setback rightly pointed out by Mike. in fact it's looking a lot better now. Thanks Mike.

Stephen Mallia
  16. eissteban Active Member

France
    I'm impressive by your eye of lynx Mike ;)

I didn't see the problem of the left knee
    Can we hope to see it in paint before the next w.e ?

Seb.
  17. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent sculpting Stephen.
    Like it very much.
    Looking forward to the painted version.

marc
  18. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Very nice Stephen. Really like the pose.

John
  19. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Seb, the problem was with the width of the ankles and not the knee but fortunately Mike spotted it. It didn't take long to fix and as I said it now looks much better. I won't make it to paint this for Euro but it will be finished for Chicago.

Stephen Mallia
  20. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    John, Marc....thanks. Will show you the painted version soon.

Stephen Mallia