1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

FNRS1 Piccard's Gondola 1/35

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by gpldsl, Feb 23, 2020.

1. gpldsl Well-Known Member

Italy
    so we talked about Auguste Piccard and now i am showing you also our kit 1/35 with figurin and Gondola in Resin. This model was based on first FNRS1 Gondola that crushed during the first flight in Austrian Mountain. You can see the original one in the Museu of Aviation in Belgium.
    Funny story: The FNR1 was recovered just 1 year later on the glacier, and so all the tourists coming there stolen all the parts easy to remove.
    another funny aspects, due the hard condition in Stratosphere the gondola was coloured white and black to move eventually for heat or freezing the cabin...unfortunatelly in the first flight they broke also the movement rope... :)
    this model is in scale 1/35 and you can find on www.scientificmodels.shop. if you have any questions or curiosity just feel free to ask, sorry for my bad english :)

Copertina Auguste Piccard FNRS1 copia.jpg
    Andrew Belsey, NeilW, Nap and 6 others like this.
  2. gpldsl Well-Known Member

Italy
    other photos of kit here

Auguste piccard photo kit  3.JPG Auguste piccard photo kit  5.JPG Auguste piccard photo kit 1.JPG
    Andrew Belsey, NeilW, Nap and 4 others like this.
  3. Gary_81 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    That is amazing. It just looks like such a fun and interesting piece and it's obvious you put a lot of care and attention into making it.

Gary
    gpldsl and Oda like this.
  4. Romariogendalf A Fixture

Greece
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there

That's a great model ....I reckon most have never heard of Piccard or his achievements ...until now !!!

Thanks for sharing

Happy releasing

Nap
  6. Zanli New Member

Australia
    Interesting model. I mainly knew of Picard for inventing the bathyscaphe. The basket and cushion as an improvised crash-helmet is hilarious...