FM: Theddra Skull-scryer

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by MassiveVoodoo, Nov 4, 2019.

1. MassiveVoodoo New Member

United-States
    Hey Jungle,
    another finished miniature from my table.
    Not painting many miniatures from Games Workshop recently, although the sculpts are calling me again since a long time. I really do enjoy some of the new releases and I might paint one or the other in the future.

This one was painted during explanations in a two day private coaching and also for some final preparations for my upcoming "Skintone & Faces Workshop" soon! This will be so cool!

[IMG]

[IMG]

Theddra Skull-scryer!
    What a name! Such an evil character in my eyes. Somehow I disliked the official theme or let's say the looks of her gang from the official studio paintjobs. They looked so ... well, bright and easy going like a gang of hippie and flower barbarians. In my eyes I did saw them much more connected to the dark gods. So an overall dark mood was needed for my personal interpretation.

I really got inspired by a computer game I played last year ... it just hit home in my memory.
    The game is "Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice" ...

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Not the easiest game to play as it confronts a lot with yourself about life/death, isolation and fear and well, find out yourself. Screenshots done by me, out of the game, back in early 2018. As I would know I would need them sometimes. Well, the ways how inspiration works sometimes. I learned them :D

In the first two photos, above you can see an eye painted in her hand. In the upcoming of photos it is gone. It is a magic eye. No not really, I forgot it first, was unsure. Then took photos and decided to go for it and took only one photo. What you think?

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Hope you like her?
    Really thinking on the rest of the gang in this dark look :)
    //
    For Sale. See this link for details. Thank you for your support.

_______________________________________________________________________________
    You want to support Massive Voodoo?
    If you like to support or say thanks the monkeys of Massive Voodoo in what they do, please feel invited to drop a jungle donation in their direction via paypal or check their miniatures they got on sale here.
    _______________________________________________________________________________

Continue reading...