1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

FM: Teutonic Knight in Livonia - 1/72

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by MassiveVoodoo, Nov 23, 2021.

1. MassiveVoodoo New Member

United-States
    Hey all,

David here :)

welcome back to my little series where I show some projects I finished over the course of 2020. Today, I want to take you to the Eastern Baltic in the Middle Ages - in 1/72 scale, of course.

[IMG]

The vignette is part of a multi-project display I have been preparing for some time now on the topic of the Hanseatic League. The scene depicts a knight from the Order of Brothers of the German House of Saint Mary in Jerusalem, commonly known as the Teutonic Order. The Order was originally founded in Palestine to care for and protect Christian pilgrims on their way to Jerusalem. They later expanded their activities significantly and were involved in the so called "Northern Crusades" in the Eastern Baltic. In the wintery scene depicted here, I envisioned a knight of the Order somewhere in Livonia, preparing for an armed encounter with some Livonian warriors. The figure is a wonderful white metal cast from Valdemar Miniatures.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Thanks for watching, folks. Feel free to drop me a line in the comments. Talk to you soon!

Best, D.

Continue reading...