1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Flintlock Miniatures "The world in their hands"

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Flintlock Miniatures, May 16, 2013.

1. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Yep, just started working for me as well. Thanks!
  2. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Flintlock Miniatures, Beautiful sculpting by Angel, incredible details throughout. The painting by Kaz is spectacular, what realism!! Is the first picture in your post the box art? I'm very impressed. Worth the wait. Congrats, to all involved with this one. Regards, SG:happy:
    kaz6120 likes this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys ,

At last the darkness has light ........certainly looks great sculpting , love the repaired clothes ...the painting is well .......just to die for ...love the worn leatherwork ...great facial features as well .

Sure this is going to be rather popular .

Thanks for posting the pictures ....at last !!!

Nap
    kaz6120 likes this.
  4. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Very nice indeed
    kaz6120 likes this.
  5. yoshi Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    very pleasant surprise. beautiful bust.
    kaz6120 likes this.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    beautifull work from both.
    I like this bust very, very much.

marc
    kaz6120 likes this.
  7. gerryj199 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    I came, I saw, I purchased. Love this. Drama, character, excellent sculpting. I feel like I'm on the ship. What more can you ask?
    Gerry
    kaz6120 likes this.
  8. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Just ordered mine , so much for being bored with busts .....
    Mike - The Kiwi likes this.
  9. Baron Active Member

Latvia
    Really great one!!! Expressive, impressive, emotional!
    Love it!
    kaz6120 likes this.
  10. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I really like this,great subject as well,pity we don't see more stuff on this subject,congratulations on a great new sculpt,it will be very popular :)
    kaz6120 likes this.
  11. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    You couldn't be bored with this guy, he is so your thing mate!
    kaz6120 and Mariobusta like this.
  12. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
  13. Blackship Active Member

Greece
    Great Sculpture and painting .
    kaz6120 likes this.
  14. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Great (and unique) sculpture. A nice addition to the grey army methinks.
  15. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I think this is a fantastic bust.
    For a ships captain etc I don't think the powder shots on the cross belt would need adding - would that be right?
    Cheers Mat
  16. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Superb sculpting and painting , this one if going on the to buy list.

Cheers David
    kaz6120 likes this.
  17. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    I see him as a Conquestadore , not necessarily a captain , about to go on a search for gold ,so he is probably planning on shooting a lot of natives .
    kaz6120 likes this.
  18. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yes, I think you're right, I see him as a conquistadore too - I was just responding to the earlier comment that suggested this guy could be on the Spanish Armada or a Columbus explorer type and in that case I was assuming/asking if the powder flasks wouldn't be worn at sea.
    Cheers Mat
    kaz6120 and Mariobusta like this.
  19. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    Let me add to all comments that personally I think this is a fantastic miniature! :happy: Superbly made!

Somehow, I dislike a bit the tittle "The world in their hands". Frankly, I hope I won't be misunderstood, but I find it quite pedantic.

The background in the composite image comes from the Movie: "Elisabeth, the Golden Age". But the Armada was defeated.

[IMG]

Sincerely, when I first saw the miniature and the tittle, at first glance (helmet apart) I thought it was a liberal interpretation of Francis Drake: Precisely the foe of the Armada.

As we all know, the Armada was defeated by England. However, my point does not end here: Mat questioned the credibility of him as a Captain.

The Armada's Captains wore much more elaborated costumes. Even under battle: It is unbelievable the number of war artifacts and paints from Spain that arrived to present times.

This figure shows much more informal clothes: Typical of the disembarking campaigns but not the Naval Skirmishes. To represent a ship commander he would most probably be a buccaneer or a pirate, of a much later era when the central america Islands were flooded with thugs fighting for no king but for themselves.

Returning now to the land conquests we can be just as far in the Central America but also, for example, in the conquest of Holland: This was a period of time when Spain tried to conquest the whole world: Tried ... but didn't succeed: That's why I dislike the title: The only thing achieved was the destruction of a civilization in south america and a failed attempt to subjugate all European countries and believes to a very dark fundamentalism: One of the worst periods in the history of Mankind.

Speaking now about references, while they abound, only searching the internet, there is a series of Spanish books, not widely known in English Speaking countries that are highly inspiring: "Guerreros Y Batallas"

I won't put here images of all available titles, but here is one cover:

[IMG]

And a link to the rest of the series.

http://www.libreria-almena.com/GUERREROS Y BATALLAS.htm

Just like I told in the beginning: I really love the miniature! But I hope I won't be misunderstood ... I really don't like the tittle. Please respect :shy:

Salutary divergence is one of the finest pillars of democracy!
    kaz6120 and napoleonpeart like this.
  20. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Yes, I was informed that it represents a Conquistador. That is what I guessed in the "guess the figure" teaser this past week, so Flintlock gave me a 15 percent discount on the figure for guessing right! Kudos to Flintlock, I love the figure and loved the teaser. And 15 percent off ain't bad either!

As far as the title goes, it may represent the Spanish view of things, and that at one point in history, their conquistadors and explorers really did make it seem like the world was theirs for the taking.
    kaz6120 likes this.