1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Flex i Files

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by Mozzy, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Mozzy Member

I've used these from my previous non figure modelling works and frankly feel they are solo over-priced.

Might you know of any flexible sanding stick you would suggest?

Thank you

Mozzy
  2. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Don't want to talk down any modelling vendor or product. Let's just say I buy the cosmetic type foam sanding sticks used for doing nails. Available in a number of different grits.

From Amazon -
    CyberStyle(TM) 10 Pcs Nail File Buffing Buffer Curve Grit Sanding Sandpaper Black (Ivory)

by CyberStyle $2.78

The same business makes other sanding sticks of varying grits of sandpaper. If not the shape I need, I just cut them to suit.

All the best,
    Dan
    winfield, stoffy01 and Mozzy like this.
  3. jai A Fixture

Italy
    I use abrasive sponges
    ccc.jpg
    stoffy01 and Mozzy like this.
  4. colonnello kurz Active Member

Australia
  5. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I make my own from wet or dry paper, double sided taped to strips of foamboard - make them any shape or grade you want then!(y)
    stoffy01, jai, Oda and 1 other person like this.
  6. jai A Fixture

Italy

good idea
  7. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    You and I have different tolerances for the price, I think. The basic Flex-i-file set, including the aluminum U-frame and 2 each of the four grades of file, is $14.99, which I didn't think was bad at all. I bought a set a couple of months ago, after I reached the end trying to use sandpaper to sand seams on curved surfaces. I wish I had bought it years ago. But understood, like I said, different tolerances.

Prost!
    Brad
    balder likes this.
  8. Kevtk135 Active Member

There's also a guy on You Tube that makes his own.
    Take a look at:

There is also a channel called "Dr. Faust's Painting Clinic" that even made his own U Frame. But I can't locate that vid right now. HTH
    Dennis likes this.