1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Fish Story!

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by MattMcK., Jun 1, 2020.

1. MattMcK. PlanetFigure Supporter

The diorama started with the "Innsmouth Fisherman" bust by Romain Van Den Bogaert, and grew from there. He looked like he knew some tales, and that bit of octopus tentacle in his sleeve and thoughts of H.P. Lovecraft led to the rest.
    For those who want to know where it all came from:
    The Innsmouth wharf was built with the HO scale Wharf District set from Scientific Models, available through MicroMark, and dressed up with accessories from Downtown Deco. The figures are from various Preiser sets, and the octopus was scratch built with Aves Apoxie over a foil & wire armature. Groundwork is painted Cell-u-clay over a foam base, with rock outcrops from my trusty old Woodland Scenics rock mold. The boats were also supplied by Micro-mark, and dressed up with basswood and styrene sheet. The Ford Model Ts came from Interaction Hobbies in Canada, as did the Innsmouth Harbor Light, which is their Crossing Shanty. LEDs came from Evans designs.
    The bust was painted in oils over acrylics, groundwork with Liquitex, and most of the detail painting was done with Vallejo, Weathering was achieved with oil washes and ground pastels.
    A big thank you to my wife for letting me focus on this for the past three weeks!
    IMG_3830.jpg IMG_3824.jpg IMG_3851.jpg IMG_3839.jpg IMG_3841.jpg IMG_3856.jpg IMG_3869.jpg IMG_3842.jpg IMG_3868.jpg IMG_3899.jpg
    GIANNIS, Chris Oldfield, Nap and 4 others like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Matt

WOW! ....that's a project for sure , do like all the details and the use of different scales ...octopus looks good ...and the bust looks right there telling the story

Thanks for sharing

Happy benchtime

Stay safe

Nap
    MattMcK. likes this.
  3. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Excellent work and painting, looks great

Mobo
    MattMcK. likes this.
  4. Henkm Well-Known Member

That's taking basing to a whole new level! Excellent result.
    MattMcK. likes this.
  5. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Talk about a bust-a-rama!!! A terrific piece of work.
    MattMcK. likes this.
  6. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Really great concept, I love Lovecraft, so I appreciate the inspiration and the whole atmosphere. Great!

Cheers Borek :)
    MattMcK. likes this.
  7. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Amazing work Matt! Lots and lots of details. Very creative. (y)(y)(y)

Cheers,
    Ken
    MattMcK. likes this.