1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

First try at bust painting, looking for suggestions

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by Redfinger, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Redfinger Member

So I was not totally happy with the face, I too was thinking his gaze looked a bit soft. So I set things aside for a few days, went back to it and I have pushed some highlights a little further, lowered the eyebrows, and added some red into the brow area to add to the stern appearance, I like this version a lot better. All the oils are sealed at this point and now I will move onto the rest of the bust.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Looking very nice. I like what you have done.

Steve Deyo
  3. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    you've made a good start, the skin tones look good and I think you have done a good job on the eyes. keep it up.

cheers

ian
  4. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    If this is the result of your first paint I want to view all your future works.
    Well done!!!(y)

Cheers,
    Pedro.
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  5. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    I like the way this has come together .....seems you have got the expression
    you set out to achieve

Frank