1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

First Sculpture, 1:48 person WIP

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by HiroshiAirborne, Jun 20, 2010.

1. HiroshiAirborne Active Member

United-States
    Hello everyone! This is my first sculpture on here, also my first in the 1:48 line. It's not finished since, embarrassingly, I have run out of green-stuff.

Ray, you're my inspiration. Been studying all your sculptures recently, thanks for putting them up here and letting us all see your marvelous work!

[IMG]

[IMG]

The hardest part is the armature and pose. The rest is just good lighting and a gigantic magnifying glass (y)

So from what you can see, does it look proportionally correct? Any helpful tidbits would be greatly appreciated as always :D

Thanks!

- Hiroshi
  2. fanai Well-Known Member

Australia
    Great effort - and lovely start - yes ray is a great encouragment to me

Ian
  3. captfue Active Member

United-States
    Looks good so far. Whats it going to be? Good luck, I've just started doing 1/48th scale figures. They can reward and challenge at the same time.
  4. HiroshiAirborne Active Member

United-States
    Ian, thank you very much!

Anthony, I was going for a man checking his wrist watch. You're right about them being a rewarding challenge.
  5. Ray Active Member

United-States
    Hiroshi,
    Thanks for the flattery, I'm not really convinced it's deserved, but it is very much appreciated. Does an Ego well. lol

Looks to me you've got a good start in this difficult scale. This little guy might be a bit long in the upper torso but, we'll have to wait to see what he really becomes after the muscle and flesh graft is completed on his lower parts. However, I am anticipating a rather long and lanky guy in the finished product based on the appearance of his upper torso, which looks nearly complete now.

I'll certainly try to get some more pics posted just as soon as I'm physically back together enough to make something new. In the mean time please do send me a note off line if you'd like some castings to use in your next 1/48 scale project.

Thanks again for the recognition and kind words.

Ray