1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP First Sculpt

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ron Tamburrini, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Good advice Einion (y) I am using Green stuff original Duro mixed with Magic sculpt ,I am not familiar with Kneadatite

ron
    Hi Pedro
    The face is not mine it is a manikin from Elgreco ,so it is more of a hairdressing and clothing sculpt .

Cheers ron
  2. Einion Well-Known Member

Kneadatite = Duro = Greenstuff = GS.

Kneadatite is what the original producer, Polymeric Systems, currently calls it (or Kneadatite Blue/Yellow to give it its full name).

Duro is an older product name for the same thing, you'll see this used in a lot of older posts and magazine articles from authors in the US (you'll sometimes still see it used as a generic term, being a lot easier to type than Kneadatite!) and the variations on greenstuff were originally just a nickname but a lot of the repackaged versions then went ahead and put this on the label.

Einion
  3. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Take a good hard look at that face Dennis
    Could that be a younger version of you :) were you ever in the Foreign Legion ;)

Yip Don has been very quiet of late ,think he might be under the polar ice cap but sure to surface soon .
  4. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Clears that one up

Cheers

Ron
  5. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hum, didn't know! Either way is very well done all together ;)

Regards
    Pedro
  6. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    1000% agree with friend Chris good start my friend.

Alexandros
  7. dArtagnan A Fixture

Belgium
  8. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  9. Dennis Active Member

England
    Ron, those days are by; it's the British Legion now. Their regimental march was about sausages I believe, ours was about a yokel fooling the excise men over brandy barrels, no contest really.
    See you soon
    Dennis
  10. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Or if you come from where Don and Brian live it's about a yokel fooling around with the excise men bent over brandy barrels
    welcome to Deliverance
    Don and billyturnip like this.
  11. Dennis Active Member

England
    There's no answer to that Del.
  12. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Tred Careful Dennis I have it on good authority that Don is about to surface:eek:
  13. Don Well-Known Member

Wonderful bit of work Ron despite what these others say, I think its super and from a little modeled time in the Legion history. Very nice indeed! What made you pick him to try your first sculpt?
    I do hope we get to see many more if the first is this good those following can only be better.
    Bring on some paint mate.

Don
  14. Don Well-Known Member

Del in the Legion its the Pea on ear platoon and if you want to try that on a Legionnaire while he is living..............

Don
    DEL likes this.
  15. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Don Cheers for the comments. What made me pick him for a first !
    1. There is not a lot around about the Legion
    2. I liked the style of shako it looked easier than a cylindrical one ;)
    3. Liked the look and colours , that's it .

Mind you thought about doing Bertorelli :D
    Don likes this.
  16. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Cool Ron-looks good mate!(y)
  17. Helm A Fixture

England
    Bit late to the show on this but lovely job Ron who'd have thought the son of an Italian Capt and an Ayreshire Ewe could produce a thing of beauty like this ;)

Steve
  18. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Hey Ron,
    This is the first time seeing this thread... can't believe I missed this until now.
    You've done a fantastic job on this piece... very clean modelling, nice character and well done details. Very Impressive for a first try indeed!
    Can't wait to see how this looks with some colour on it.

Very interesting subject too

Colin
  19. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice mate. Far superior than anything I could attempt. Great (green) Stuff
  20. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Gells , but I thik I just got lucky:D
    Cheers colin