1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

First Scratchbuilt Vignette

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by wmjsajudge, Dec 4, 2010.

1. wmjsajudge New Member

United-States
    Going to try my first scratchbuilt vignette. After numerous classes and single figures with Mike Blank at my house I figured I might as well jump in with both feet. I got the idea from a Pamphlet Mike gave me from the Swedish Museum in Stockholm. It depicts the Swedish Karoliners in Fotspor 1718-1719. The scene is the capture of a Danish Officer by a Swedish Officer on the Danes horse and Foot Soldier forcing him to march. Thought It would be a little more simplier project to start off with. I have a few pics of it started and will post more as I go.The figures are finnished being posed and I will begin the fleshing out next. Hope you like it so far. Any critique or advice would really be appreciated. Thanks for looking-Warren

Attached Files:

2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Warren!!

Good to see you here! Nice project as well! Remember if you are doing the ground work sloped as in the picture, it is much easier to do the groundwork first, then pose the mannequins accordingly as the slope will affect the anatomy of the figures.

Either way, looking forward to see this one progress and good to see you made it on the boards!
  3. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Following this one :) Really nice start Warren! (y)
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    What scale Warren, they look 120mm.
    Great start,
    Carl.
  5. wmjsajudge New Member

United-States
    Hi Carl they are 54mm a little on the small side but they should do.
  6. wmjsajudge New Member

United-States
    Thanks Anders I will start on the groundwork next. I agree that will help especially with the mounted piece coming down the hillside.
  7. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    This looks promising Warren! I hope you will keep your interest in Swedish subjects. :)
    What source for the horse did you use?

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  8. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Good start and nice composition. (y)
  9. kaz6120 A Fixture

Japan
    Really a good start. I think the right fore arm of the guy in the front is a little bit longer.
  10. wmjsajudge New Member

United-States
    Thanks Janne I love the Swedish History so I will always being doing subject from that time period.I will check the arm since it is not to late I haven't finished fleshing it out.I really appreciate all the help and kind words it helps very much.Warren
  11. wmjsajudge New Member

United-States
    Hey Janne it is a Micheal Roberts horse again from his scrap box. I know Mike loves me for that Ive goten so many pieces from there-I cant help it they are so good!