1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

First scratch (more or less)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by rafaelega, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Rafa va viento en popa, te aplicas con el esculpido...

ER
  2. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    I couldn't agree more with Jaime! Are you SURE this is your first time? :0

Two suggestions -

(1) deepen the folds of the bag next to the canteen and next to the figure. You could do this with just a surgical blade or there are also etching tools that work well. The effect will be to bring each of the items a bit away from the surface and give them a more realistic look.

(2) the figure will look more like it is carrying a bag with some weight if you cut off the top part of the bag strap, cut into the shoulder a little, then re-sculpt the strap in the crevice. Several people suggested that trick to me but I think John Long actually got the point across to me, so thought I'd pass it along.

Keep up the good work!

All the best,
    Dan