1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

First post

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by arthur, Jan 18, 2005.

1. arthur Member

Canada
    Did the parka in oils and pants in acrylics.
    Face has its first base and basic shading done in oils.
    Any comments appreciated.
    Cheers,
    A.

Attached Files:

2. Alex M. Active Member

Canada
    Hey!!

Great work so far!
    Curious, if you used vallejo's for the trousers, what colours did you pick for the basic tones of each?

Nice to see you come over from ww2mm...i think i saw an afrika corps figure by platoon you did on there...

-Alex
  3. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Great work there Arthur. I really like the pants. How will you detatch the figure when it's done? Keep up the good work.
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He looks great Arthur......keep us posted as you finish him.
  5. arthur Member

Canada
    Thanks Guys!

Alex,
    I had no idea you were in TO. I used to live there 85-92.
    The finished Platoon figure is actually on TL.
    All of the camo colors are mixes of paints from the "German Pack" in various ratios, they look way too hot (indoor lights) on the pic. I was mixing it till I got a shade I figured was the closest the the color reference pics and than would paint it.

Kisifer, I just prop it with a small skrewdriver and it pops off. That is a milk carton cap (soft plastic) and superglue does'nt attach to it as well as to resin so removing it is not a problem.

Guy, I will as soon as he is done, should bge a week or so
    Cheers,
    A.