1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

First in a new series of historical reference articles on figurementors.com

Discussion in '"Today in History", Literature & Media Review' started by Jason Martin (Redrum), Feb 5, 2017.

1. Jason Martin (Redrum) Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hey everyone, so in addition to tutorials and reviews, we at figurementors have decided to start writing informative articles on periods of history, covering the people, battles, uniforms and weaponry. The first is written by our newest member Nils Holmbergh, it covers the Soviet Naval Infantry and their battles. Check it out! With it being the first we would be really interested to hear the opinions of this forum, how can we improve the articles, what would you like us to cover in the future etc etc?

http://figurementors.com/the-soviet-naval-infantry-and-their-battles

964f0a8ff4357a7a744ab5d160154b1d.jpg
  2. kenshin393 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice article, congrats to Nils, he obviously knows his stuff. In terms of what to cover in the future, I'd suggest less famous but interesting units whose histories might not be so well known (eg tunnel rats, zouaves, east india company native troops,west indian regiments and the like, the list is practically endless). From this point of view this was a great start, I was well aware of the naval infantry and their elite status but I'd not read a great deal of their exploits (western bias I guess).
    Jason Martin (Redrum) likes this.