1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

First Figure!

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by daredevil, Jan 15, 2005.

1. daredevil New Member

Well, here it is--my first 54mm figure--what an experience! I just got a digital camera today & haven't figured out all the features, but I wanted to post this so you guys could see that I actually WAS building a figure, not just talking about it (ha, ha!). I'll post more detail shots tomorrow...
    --linda ;)

Attached Files:

2. y_wong New Member

Dear linda,

Your figure looks good.

regards :)
  3. Brad S Member

Linda,

Your first figure looks really good. I wish my first figure looked that good (and some of my later ones). I like your base also. Keep up the good work and show us more pictures.

Brad Spelts
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Great job Linda......Your first 54mm is light years beyond what my first 54 looked like.
  5. daredevil New Member

Thanks for the nice comments, guys! Here's some more shots--still getting the hang of the new digital.
    BTW--I made the base from scratch. Too cheap to buy one--spent all my money on figures & paint! Anyway, I made the base from wood scraps. I assembled it, slapped on a coat of gesso, then used a 'rust' finish.(also added some chalk highlights). I made the stairs out of wood, carved in the 'weathering' and other detail, added a coat of acrylic modeling paste & painted it with Vallejo acrylic. I used real sand and some model rail road bits of stone around the feet.
    Let me know what you think--I know this thing ain't perfect!
    --linda
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. quang Active Member

Belgium
    A nice first, Linda. (y)

The wall makes a nice backdrop to the figure and acts as an anchor to the composition.

How about a small lizard climbing up the back of the wall? Will add some interest to an otherwise blank area and will also be an indication that the setting is in a hot, dry climate (like Palestine).

In any case, (y)

Q.

Photography's not bad neither ;)
  7. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Nice first indeed - better than my first ! :eek:

The setting is good; that sun-bleached wall of big stone blocks looks really like someplace in the Holy Land.

Quang's idea of adding a small lizard is good !
    ... I would almost suggest, add a Shrike ("butcherbird") chasing the lizard, but I guess this is only a 54mm single foot figure so adding a whole ecosystem would be somewhat over the top here :lol: :lol: However, such things do work in 120mm, and also in large diorama's, as you can see in Marijn Van Gils' Euromilitaire Best of Show winner.
  8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Linda, Nice job for your first figure. Each one is an enjoyable (and/or sometimes frustrating) experience.~Gary
  9. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    HI

Great figure for a first keep it up.

Robin
  10. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Hi Linda,
    you should be very happy with the way
    your first figure has turned out

I look forward to seeing your next one

Frank (y) (y)
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Linda.

for the first figure you did a wonderfull job.
    Keep painting. Your on the wright way.

Marc.
  12. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    That's very good painting for your first figure. From the looks of the strap and other details, it looks like you've got a steady hand. Well done!
  13. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Linda

I just dont believe that is your first figure

Dave
  14. AFSOC Member

Great figure. I like the base.
  15. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hi Linda, your figure is very nice, much better than my first figure.

Keep up the good work. ;)

Cheers

Roc. :)
  16. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    I have to agree with the other positive comments. Mail looks good as does the scratches on the helm.

Keith