1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

First figure in 5 years!!

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Argyll, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Argyll Member

Scotland
    I've been so impressed with the leap forward in painting techniques,and materials,I decided after a long absence to get back into the hobby,so I went and ordered Vallejo acryllics,and several Figures.....and my wife bought me Calvin Tans's Painting SS book for xmas,so I thought I'd give it a whirl.....I realise the dots are too big,but I got the efect I was after......this is more of a test to see what working with Acryllics was like...........so far I'm very impressed!!

[IMG],[IMG]

I still need to apply the dark wash to the back.
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Calum, Welcome back to the hobby. Once you get a few more figures under your belt I'm sure you'll see improvements from one figure to the next. Keep on painting.~Gary
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Calum, if that is your first figure in five years, I think you are doing great. ;)
    My advice to you is to practice and ask a lot of questions.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  4. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Calum, good to see you getting around to some painting...sounds like you're getting back into the hobby with lots of enthusiasm which will help a lot and your results will improve every time you paint, keep us posted on your progress..great job so far.

All the best..Roy.
  5. Hullebullen New Member

Hi there Argyll...I see you've found this place too!

Good looking fig you got there, even if the spots are on the "big-ish" side...
    ...now if I could only drag myself away from the off-topic forum and do some painting of my own... :lol:
  6. Argyll Member

Scotland
    Thanks mate,

Nice to see you here too!!

Here's the front.....

[IMG]