1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

First buste after years

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Ronald Kok, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Ronald Kok Member

Netherlands
    Hello,

My first posting of a painted bust in oils after a 10 a 15 years periode not painting any figure.

I painted this one for just getting the feeling back for painting after such long time :(

All comments are welcome

Ron

[IMG]
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Ronald,

I like the skin colours. A bit shiny but that is counting on the flashbulb.
    I think your py (in hollands de pij) is not as good as you can. It is in my opion to flat. You had to bring on more highlights and shadows. As far as i can see it is all black.
    Why is his beard blue. Or is it the light or is he not finished. I saw the movie but cant remember a blue beard.
    And when it is sure a blue beard, just the same as the pij. More highlight and shadow.

Keep painting

Marc.
  3. Ronald Kok Member

Netherlands
    Hi Marc,

Thanks for the comments.

I forgot to mention that the cloths are just in the base color.
    The shiny face is that the oils are not complete dry, and maybe after a few day`s its needed a matt varnish.
    The bleu in the beard is actually white/grey but this pictures are taken with a new camera and I must learn to handle this as well as painting figures again :)

Ron
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    That explains a lot Ronald.
    I have seen figures from you, so i couldn't understand that you lost the feeling. A new camera is always a problem.
    Maybe you should follow my question about drying oilpaints. We both can learn something.

Marc.