1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique first attempt at acrylics - face

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by cdown67, Nov 8, 2011.

1. cdown67 New Member

United-States
    frank, thanks for the advice...there is so much variability in colors and technique when I review SBS articles by so many great artists i wanted to start simple. my next step is to start adding some of the techniques i have read into this foundation. i have been painting in oils from the beginning and should have been crowned the king of the muddy face...i would accidentally arrive at a tolerable face and then then stop and call it done. now i am trying to be more intentional in my approach and so far i am really happy with the results. i really appreciate your help.

i am planning to attend my first show in atlanta in 2012..really excited to see others work up close. i have never seen a figure painted by someone else...only my own sad muddy faced army.

thanks again to everyone