1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP First Aid Nursing Yeomanry, 1908

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by valiant, Sep 21, 2016.

1. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

Have been working on this one for a week or two, one, to try my hand at a female face and, two, because the dress uniform is very colourful!

This one depicts a member of the then newly formed First Aid Nursing Yeomanry, 1908, in the dress uniform of red tunic with white braid, red cap with white band, red collar and epaulettes with white piping. This unit served with distinction in both World Wars and is still active today. There is an interesting photo archive on their website (www.fany.org.uk) where there are several contemporary pics of women wearing this uniform. Sculpted in Miliput over a aluminium foil core, with details in Duro. Still the collar badges and cap badge to add, I will take some better pics in the daylight!

I am hoping that this may become a limited runl if there is sufficient interest, please PM me if you may be interested in a copy and I will gauge numbers.

Thanks for looking in,

Steve

Attached Files:

elanlane13, mil-mart, Elia and 5 others like this.
  2. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Steve ,

Always liked the F.A.N.Y .......

.....uniforms as you said very colourful .

Needless to say I would be interested !

PnM sent !

Looking forward to seeing more on this .

Nap

image.jpeg
    Dan Morton, valiant and billyturnip like this.
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    That's a lovely sculpt Steve.
    I've got to say the subjects you choose to portray are always unusual and interesting. (y)
    valiant likes this.
  4. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks chaps! I know it is probably only of limited appeal, but I do tend to go for the offbeat!

Does anyone know what the badges on the epaulettes are?(y)
    billyturnip and napoleonpeart like this.
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    napoleonpeart and valiant like this.
  6. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Roger - I think Ill have to, as all the photos I have are a bit indistinct, but there is one lady who has a stirrup badge on her upper sleeve, so Ive included that on my sculpt. There is also some braiding on the back of the jacket, theres a very clear pic of that! I also think that the white band on the cap is a piece of material wrapped around, as it appears to be separate on some pics.

Thanks for looking in, (y)
    billyturnip likes this.
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    valiant likes this.