1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Finnish Sturmi crewman.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Uruk-Hai, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Hello Figureteers!

As some of you perhaps know Im not all figures.
    Heres a figure that Im doing for a finnish Sturmi (Stug III).

Ive taken the body from a Tristar Russian Tankcrew and putten a Verlinden head on it. Shortening the cap a bit.

Could you please comment on the pose, the position of his left hand and the size of the head?

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Cheers
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Janne,
    From the last picture the head seems oke. In the first two it looks to large.
    I would like to see that he is taking his thumb around the hatch instead of lying on the heatch. This seems so unnatural.
    Just my two cents.

marc
  3. Mark S Guest

Janne,the head seems to be too big to me.
    The left hand looks unnatural sitting as it is,but would look ok IMO if it was holding something-binoculars,etc.
  4. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Thanks for the input. I will change the head for one from the Hornet range trying to sculpt the Finnish field cap.

Due to other input I will try to change the pose slightly.

Cheers
  5. Bad91Fellow Member

Germany
    all points have been said. but please share the whole piece after you've finished it! finish ww2 figures/vehicles are so rare!
  6. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    So, I have repositioned the crewman tonight and changed the head. I put on a fieldcap from a Dragon Gen2 set from which I cut of the crow and shortened the brim. Some gaps are to be filled if you like this one better and I will also add some height to the right shoulder. Also the missing thumb on the left hand will be added. Im also in progress adding headphones and throat microphone from Royal Models.

Please let me know how you feel about the pose.

Cheers

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Und für dich Lennart gibt es mehr von den Kampfwagen hier.
    http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5016
  7. Bad91Fellow Member

Germany
    Looks much better now! Danke für den Link!
  8. Pekka Active Member

Finland
    Hej Janne,
    here are a few photos of the Finnish headgear worn by Sturmi crews. The cap is low and quite tight. Made from poor cloth they are not very stiff. The visor is short and round in shape.Note also the Armoured Division sign on the cap .
    HTH;
    Pekka N.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  9. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Thanks Pekka!

I have added some more folds in the cap to make it look softer. I will post more pictures in a short while.

Cheers
  10. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Janne, with the second head it looks much better! Keep up the good work!