1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Finnish Maxim Model 32/33

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Radek, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Radek Active Member

Poland
    Hi all
    This is my small project, that i'm trying to finish for some time :) About six months ago i decided to built something from the WInter War. And then my figures came up. After sculpting them I decided to built a rare weapon. Particulary unavilable. And so I decided that i will build myself a maxim mod. 32/33. Acctualy i'm near the end, only few more things and it will be finished.
    And so it is:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Cool, Radoslaw! A great idea, also, as an addition. I look forward to seeing the whole project. What scale are you working in? Is it 1/35th?

I've seen plenty of pics of Maxims, but could you share with us a picture of a Finnish Maxim Model 32/33? I'd like to try to figure out the differences. Maybe you could point them out?

All the best,
    Dan
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Radoslaw, You've built a really nice model.~Gary
  4. Radek Active Member

Poland
    Hi
    Yes, this is 1/35. The finnish Maxim m32/33 was different only in small things-the ammo belt was improved and also the barrel cooling system. It looks barely the same as the soviet M 09/21. The Tripod was slitely diffrent than in the soviet version. The Fins used also the 09/21 model. But i decided this will be the typical finish HMG. This one's not finnished. It lacks some parts yet. New photos (better quality) coming soon.

Model 09/21
    [IMG]

Model 32/33
    [IMG]

As You can see the differences are not so big.