1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

finnaly took pics of my projects

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by ruderogo, Jan 3, 2006.

1. ruderogo New Member

Hi everyone. ive been here for a while without posting anything. but recently i had to get a nice camera to take pictures of crative art work for my portfolio for architecture school. i am very new to figure painting, but have been building models for a while. ill post a few of each project i put in my portfolio.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

i realize im an amature at this, and that i have alot to learn for all of you, so anything constructive would be awesome. thanks for looking
    -matthew
  2. ruderogo New Member

heres 3 more, they wouldnt let me post in the other one\
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

this is still WIP and i have something like 12 figures and a panzer going in it. but the base has warped on me and has cuped in the middle about half an inch off the ground. i guess some of the plaster street and wall still had mousture in it. do you think i can fix it/.
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Very nice, thanks for posting, looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  4. ruderogo New Member

thanks rocco, i appreciate your kind words. these projects are a few months old, and i have some newer stuff on my workbench right now.
  5. fsdesimone Member

I like the buildings a lot - were they kits or something you scratchbuilt?

Francesca
  6. ruderogo New Member

thanks alot. the first building is scratch built entirely. the second one is all scratch build, including the street, sidewalk, and wall, except for the facade of the building which was vacum formed. the windows and doors were also scratch built.

here is the first on in full.

Attached Files:

7. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Hi Ruderogo!

The camoflage, especially on the first picture looks very nice.
    Perhaps some more contrast in the shadows and highlights would be next step?

cheers
  8. ruderogo New Member

Thank you very much. Yes, i have to work alot more on my shading and highlights, right now its very basing and there isnt alot of blendin going on.
  9. Kyle Member

United-States
    Ruderogo,

What I think is quite strong is the pose you have struck with the two soldiers outside the building. It looks very natural and really draws you in. Nice touch with the chair. You've got a good eye for detail.
  10. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Matt, Keep it up. Nice job on the buildings. That's a lot of work unto itself.~Gary
  11. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    ruderogo fantastic work specialy on the buildings!!!!

keep up the good work, looking forward for more!!!
  12. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Awesome work, Ruderogo! I really like the Russian tankers. You get a real sense of desperation in that vignette.

Don't be a stranger. Keep showing us your work.

Jason