1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Finished Young's Roman Bust 1/9th

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by iceman, Aug 1, 2006.

1. iceman Member

Okay fellow Planeteers, I've finally finished.

I really enjoyed this sojurn into the Roman period, despite the inaccuracies. The only thing that I have to do is attach the ties that hold the horse hair crest to the helmet, not quite sure how best to do this at the moment so until I can find something that will give the right look I'll leave well alone. (which will probably mean that I will never get around to doing it!!)

Once agin sorry about the quality of the images and the distracting background. I am in the process of sorting out a better photographic set up and camera.

As always comment and critique most welcome and please don't hold back from pointing out errors or things that you think I've done badly. (or else how will I be able to improve if all I get is positive comments!)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Thanks for looking.

Kind regards

Tim
  2. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Tim I believe that you did a really good job on this bust. I would like more contrast on the face though, as he looks a bit flat without any deep shadows. Other than that, nicely done.

Xenofon
  3. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good painting Tim!
    keep up
    chris
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Tim,
    he turned out nicely! I would agree that maybe the fleshtones need just a punch more contrast to the shadows, but over all this guy is spot-on! It looks like you went in and gave the crest just a touch more highlight, nice! I really like the choice of the purple for that. Forget the inacuracies, I like this piece and what you've done.

Jay H.
    OKC
  5. iceman Member

Cristos, Kisifer and Sambaman

Thanks very much for your comments, much appreciated.

Regards

Tim
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work Tim,

Maybe the colors look to flat by the light of the window. I think it was to hard.

Marc
  7. iceman Member

Marc

Thanks for your post, it might be due to the window light, as in real life everything does seem to have a bit more punch.

I really must refine my photos, as well as get better at my painting!!

Regards

Tim