Finished Vikings

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Brandy Small, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Brandy Small New Member

Well Guys, after almost a year of nothing, I finally finished something and I'm actually making a post. Please forgive my absense. I hope these two will be the first in a line of projects I want to complete this year. Let me know what you think.
    I also have to thank Bill, he gave me some great advice on shadowing. I hope I did his advice justice.
    :lol:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Awesome painting Brandy......I like the blues on the first Viking and the shield on the second is super. Heck....its all super. Excellent flesh tones too. Whats next on the bench?
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hi Brandy, excellent work on both figures. ;)

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Roc. :)
  4. Evan August New Member

Nice job on the Vikings Brandy. Great blues and greens, and the beard on the second figure is also nicely done. The shield looks good too. What figures are these, and did you use oils or acrylics?
  5. John Long Active Member

United-States
    You've got real knack for designs and motifs Brandy. That shield is excellent.
  6. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Very cool vikings, excellent work

Dave
  7. diosytexas Member

England
    hi brandy. great work. the second one for me love it. what did you use for the snow on the first,it seems to reflect the light.well done dave.
  8. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hello Brandy...you should definately finish more stuff...you have two really well presented figures here....the flesh tones are beautiful...
    the rich blues, especially the first figure... the armour is well done and the basework is just right with some interesting additions..
    and you obviously enjoyed doing the detail work on the shield...very nice work (y) (y)

Good luck with your next project

Roy.
  9. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Awesome,Brandy,just awesome :lol: :lol: !! Keep up the good work. Cheers !
    Kenneth :)
  10. Brandy Small New Member

Thanks Guys, I really appreciate the kind words. Thanks for the comments on the Shield as well I was a bit nervous on how it would look with the finished product.

Dave,
    The snow was from Hudson and Allen, and it does have little reflector things in it. I like to use it on small projects like this one.

Evan,
    I use tube oils on my skin tones. For clothing I like to use acrylics because to me they are easier when doing shadowing and highlights. On Metals I use powdered Printers' Inks mixed with a medium. Anything else is a mix of acrylic or oil in bottles. The first figure is the 54mm Viking from Andrea, and the actual kit comes with a dog. The second is Viking of Ruf Principality, IX-X Century a 54mm from Pegaso.

Guy,
    I'm not sure my next project yet. I have several things out. But a good guess would be the Caped Crusaider i.e. Batman from Andrea and the Mexican Gunman from Pegaso. I will try to do some SBS photos. Both are nice kits which should make them even easier to paint.

Once again Thank You to everyone.

Brandy
  11. Patrick Kirk New Member

Brandy,
    Nice work...if I could, may I suggest once you have finshed the highlighting and shading that you apply a thin glaze of the base color to blend the highlights and shading together so they arent as stark. The green on the first figger is nicely done and a very tough color to pull off; you did it very nicely.
    This is an excellent start.

All the best

Patrick
  12. Guayo New Member

Great Work with the vikings, The Pegaso Viking come with all the kits?, you know that I would love to paint a Viking but because of my terror to faces haven't buy one ;) , I like to way the Andrea Viking looks, I gone try to take my fear away and try this one.

Eduardo
  13. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Brandy

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Nothing more.

Marc
  14. Brandy Small New Member

Thanks again for the wonderful feedback everyone.

Patrick,
    I will have to try that. Thanks, suggestions are always welcome and appreciated, especially ones that will help me improve.

Brandy