1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Finished "Trapper" by AuthorSculpt

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    It seems David and I finished our 75mm Trapper at the same time. I almost hate to post my version but it would be interesting to see 2 finished versions. I left off a couple of items that I didn't think a Mountain man would have where they were. The antler and the wrist quirt were left off.

Here is the full view with the entire base.

Trapper 01.JPG

Trapper 02.JPG

Trapper 03.JPG

Trapper 04.jpg

Trapper 05.JPG

Trapper 06.JPG

Trapper 07.jpg

Now a closer view without the base.

Trapper 08.JPG

Trapper 09.JPG

Trapper 10.JPG

Trapper 11.JPG

Trapper 12.JPG

Trapper 13.JPG

Trapper 14.JPG

Trapper 15.JPG

Close-ups to follow

2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Close-ups

Trapper 16.JPG

Trapper 17.JPG

Trapper 18.JPG

Trapper 19.JPG

Trapper 20.JPG

Trapper 21.JPG

As i was taking photos I noticed the round brass ring on the front chest of the horse was missing. I will make a new one to replace the section that is gone.

The Brass plaque is actually on the back of the base as the cliff face is the front.

All comments and critiques welcomed.

3. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Wow! Amazing masterpiece.
    I think a very wonderful work.
    Everything is beautiful to a figure, a horse, a ground work and free mount.
    I congratulate completion.

Mitsutaka
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Mitsutaka for the kind words. This was a 5 month long project that I was glad to see finished.
  5. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Great to see yours finished Guy, the base and the groundwork work very well with the figure.I left the same two items of mine.Whats next in the pipeline,lots of nice Native American figures and busts on the market just now.

Cheers David
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks David for the kind words. I am working on PiliPili's Trapper bust and plan to start Pegaso's new Sioux bust in the next week or so. While in Paris last week my wife found me the old OOP Amaiti 75mm Trapper mounted and I may take a look at painting this too.
  7. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Good to see you get off high center on this one. I'm itching to get at mine. --
  8. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Guy, at first I thought I was hallucinating when I opened the thread and found the "changed" trapper :eek: as I'm nearing the end of my night shift with one hour to go and am having dificulty to prevent my eyelids from glueing to each other :eek: :(

Beautiful rendition just as much and the same figure on a diferent base/setting makes it more interesting!! Welldone!

Ray ;)
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    ~ Steve ~ Ray ~

Thanks guys for the feedback and kind words. Ray - Glad you were able to keep those eyelids open to see both Davids and my version. I know of four other people working on this figure.
  10. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    That sounds like a lucky find Guy,dont remeber the Amaiti figure any chance of a photo.

Cheers David
  11. carl reid A Fixture

England
    Guy,

This is fantastic mate! I love it, but as you know Guy I love your style of painting anyway! It's just as I see the trapper in my minds eye. I watched some of Jeremiah Johnson today! Brilliant film and Brilliant painting Guy!

I might have to make me a trapper He He !!!

Carl
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work Guy,
    As i started mine i use your picture's and alot more for reference.
    I'm with you about the gauntlet, i've seen none of it on the pictures.
    What about the wrist quirt, can you explain (my bad English) that...what it is, and where it should be??

All in all, just a great showstopper...it's wonderfull.

Marc
  13. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Guy,
    You most certainly outdid yourself with this one. Just stunning and great base. The horse is out of this world. I just may have to get this figure.
    Cheers
    John
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks guys for the feedback and kind words.

~ David ~ Here is a quick shot of the Amaiti 75mm Trapper that has long been OOP and the wife found in a shop in Paris.

Amaiti Trapper.jpg

~ Carl ~ I can almost hear that sinister laugh. If I can be of service again with references just let me know. There can never be too many Mountain Men / Trappers.

~ Marc ~ I am glad you will find the reference photos I sent you usefull. Let me know if you need any more.

~ John ~ You would not regret buying this kit John. I'll show you the kit when you are here the 29th. I have a 2nd one already so you can see the actual make-up of the parts.

15. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Guy I can only repeat what eveyone else has said stunning , for a piece this complex and with the groundwork 5 months is not a bad timescale , something like this would take me at least 18 months . The Amiti Trapper has a similar look to the Thunder Birds 54mm Indian Trapper or the other way around as this is the older kit .

chippy
  16. Christosjager A Fixture

Greece
    Very nice work Guy.
  17. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I add my voice!

lovely piece and nice base

thanks for sharing

Mark

:)
  18. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good work my friend!!!!
    chris
  19. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    ~ Gordon ~ Christos ~ Mark ~ Chris ~
    Thanks guys for the kind words and feedback. Much appreciated.
  20. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks Guy look forward to seeing Amaiti Trapper out of the box.

Cheers David