1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Finished sculpt of Blockade Runner

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Joe Hudson, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well, here is the finished sculpt. I have tried to do the best that I could do on it and I still see so much room for improvement and things that I could have changed but I am ready to move onto something else. In the words of John "Cougar" Mellencamp " The best that I could do" for now, I hope! ;) :lol:

Thanks for all the help and comments on this guy, he was alot of fun.

Joe

Attached Files:

2. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    another

Attached Files:

3. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    last one :)

Attached Files:

4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Mr. Hudson,

This is an extremely well sculpted figure. Some one of a kind i suppose??

So, take the brushes out of the holder and paint it. Then we all can see how a great job is finished.
    BTW: On the right shoe is the lace not as on the left shoe. Maybe it is the angle of the picture.

Marc
  5. DaveCox Member

United-Kingdom
    Joe, this looks great now it's finished. Can't wait to see it painted.
  6. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Marc and Dave,

Thanks for the very kind words. I did enjoy this guy and it should paint up pretty nice. I look forward to seeing the whole thing come together.

Marc,

What do you have x-ray vision? I had done both laces in duro but the big old finger broke off the ones on the left foot, so I had some extra putty out and used it to resculpt the left ones, so yes, they are different!! Way to go you win the prize!! :lol:

Joe
  7. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    WOW ..am i justified to feel jealous that i cannotsculpt even the broken finger !!!!!!
    Very Very nice figure my friend. Waiting to see this painted !!!!

Costas
  8. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    In a word, awesome!
  9. petermh Active Member

United-Kingdom
    A nicely posed figure and an unusual subject ,Ipresume he is wearing civilian cothes,
    One query how are the buttons made?
  10. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Nicely done, Joe! Good pose and sculpt and an interesting choice of subject. I'm going to take a guess at how you did the buttons - straight pin heads cut off, yes?

All the best,
    Dan
  11. Graywolf Active Member

Turkey
    an interesting subject and very nice sculpt. congrats Joe .willing to see it painted asap
    best regards
    Engin
  12. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Nice to see it finnished, Joe!

I notice that youve "trimmed" the moustache. :)

Cheers
  13. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hey Joe , nice one my friend. Can't wait to see you and this figure in person

Stephen Mallia
  14. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the kind words. I am very happy with him, so far but the more I look the more I see things that should and could have been better. I really hope to be able to correct these on the next figure, which I hope to start sometime today.

Costas,

I am sure that you could do it, if I can do it then it is possible for anyone to do it! :)

Peter and Dan,

Yes, he is wearing civilian clothes and the buttons are really easy to make. No, Dan no straight pins, just sheet lead. What I did was take a drill bit the size of the button that I wanted and turn it around and put it into a holder and then push the bit through the sheet lead. I have a picture of how I did it a while back. I was using a block of wood/base, now I just push it through on one of those cutting mats, the kind most modelers have.

Engin,

I hope that paint will get to him in the very near future.

Janne,

You are so right, I did go back in and rework the mustache more.

Thanks again guys,

Joe

Attached Files:

15. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    I usually work with a leadpencil eraser as backing when I push out rivets/buttons.

Cheers
  16. petermh Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the tip on making buttons ,I've tried it out,you're right it's dead easy
  17. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    VERY NICE sculpt,Joe (y) (y) (y) !!! WELL DONE !!
    Kenneth.
  18. nagashino New Member

Hi Joe

An excellent sculpt of an unusual subject. We tend to overlook all the "civilian" folk that got involved by design or accident in wars throughout the ages.

Looking forward to seeing this one in paint. Nice work!

Regards

Phil
  19. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Great sculpting!

best regards
    Artur
  20. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey guys,

Thanks again for the kind words. I too look forward to seeing it painted.

Stephen,

Sorry buddy I missed you, thanks and I look forward to seeing you in a few months.

Janne,

That is a good idea, I never thought of it but it sure would work really well.

Thanks again,

Joe