1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Finished Roman Aquilifer - Pegaso

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I was fianlly able to finish up the sheild and figure and here are the final photos.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

All comments / critiques are welcome
  2. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Guy, very nice work on a well sculpted figure, I also like your Mongol. ;)

I'm amazed at your speed, it takes me for ever to paint a figure.

Keep up the good work and happy painting.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  3. amistabyss New Member

Awesome job!
    I especially like what you've done with the fur that the aquifer is wearing. I think it looks very real! I love the ground work, too! :lol:
  4. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    I will agree with Roc here. It also takes me ages to finish a figure and you work really fast Guy. The thing is that your results are great, like this beautiful figure. Love the groundwork and the lion head. No picture of the face?
  5. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Very nice work, Guy!
    What is next on your workbench?

cheers
    Artur M.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Guy,

what must i say that others already said. Great work on your figure and a wonderfull base

Marc
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it.

Artur - Next on the bench will be several box art figures.
  8. Calvin Member

Guy, a great advance with the tripod, almost all pics are on focus! :lol: ;)
    Nice figure as usual, a little gift here, hope you like it.

Attached Files:

9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Luca. Haven't gone to the tripod yet but use a box on my desktop to steady the camera with the figure elevated to the same height as the box. It sure helps to keep the camera steady.

Thanks for the background............love it.
  10. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guy,

I think this is your best figure to date. I like the shield work and the lions head. I also like the background Luca did.

Joe
  11. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guy

Do you use the self timer when the camera is balanced on the box?
  12. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Joe and Rob.

Rob - I use the old fashion method - hold my breath....lol Then I push 1/2 way down and the digital display shows me what the image will look like and then click all the way if it is good.
  13. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
  14. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Guy, as a thought, you could try using the self timer - so that when the shutter releases there is no chance of camera shake. I do that, as it keeps me away from the camera! Many cameras have no cable release for the shutter, so the timer is the next best thing.

But definately get a tripod; second most important thing in miniature photography
  15. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi Guy,

Can you give a little help? I have this figure also, and I'm a little troubled with the assembly of the sword between the body and the lion skin. How did you do this? I mean, fixing the skin will be a tremendous problem to later fix the sword... Or if I fix the sword will be dificult to paint the inside os the skin.

Regards
    Pedro