1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Finished Lord of the Rings chess set

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Wendy, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Finally! All the LOTR figs (made by Mithril) for the chess set are painted and two coats of varnish applied. The guy I painted them for said it was ok to bring them to MFCA with me and mail them afterwards, so they be making an appearance next weekend. I didn't take really detailed pics because there are so many figures to fit in. The board is just a super cheap jobbie I bought at the grocery store for $4 just so I'd have a board to put them on. Part of the deal was a set of the same figures for myself, so at some point down the road I'll be painting a set for myself, but for now I have a lot of other things to keep me busy.

Oh, and it's 32mm in size-scale. The hobbits are about 18mm tall and probably took the longest (except for the mounted figs, of course). Painting their little faces was fun.

Attached Files:

2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Congrats on getting done what looks like quite an undertaking Wendy! The client should be pleased to receive this one!

Jay H.
    OKC
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Wendy,

Very nice work. Pity you can't see much detail in the pics, but it looks like a lot of fun to paint.

Cheers
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looking real good.
    What a work, painting so many figures.

marc
  5. Mark S Guest

Well done,Wendy.
    That's a big job and one that I've always had a thought to do but not the guts to start.
  6. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    quite a work and nicely done
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Wendy.
  8. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Hi Wendy,
    Nice. I couldn't imagine taking on that big a task, let alone wanting to do it twice!
    I'm looking forward to seeing it up close this weekend at MFCA.
    Cheers,
    Craig
  9. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for the comments guys. :)

To be frightfully honest, I would have taken forever to finish it if it wasn't a commission for someone else. As it is, I probably will paint the whole other set at some point, but we have moved every two years since college, and I want to wait until we actually settle down somewhere, otherwise the finished set will sit in a box for the duration.

I hope I don't take up too much space at MFCA. I have seven other projects as well, granted, they are single figs at least.
  10. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    Congrats, Wendy, for finishing such an ambitious project. Pix are a little far away, but I'm looking forward to seeing this work "in person" at MFCA. Well done.
  11. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Wendy,
    Congratulations on getting this done. Looks nicely done.
    Cheers
    John