1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Finished Line Infantery Reign of Naples

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by megroot, Feb 9, 2005.

1. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Guys,

At last,
    I finished this ugly fellow. Ugly, yes because i redo him, and redo him. I never get the white so white as i wanted.
    When i get it like i want it, something else go wrong, the pinned head feld off (3 times), the hand with the gun felt off and some more troubles.
    Well tell me what you find of him.
    Now i gonna finish my SBS on the Celt. The last few days i have done all the floors in my house with laminate parket.

Marc.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I like him Marc.......very well done
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Guy,

No comments ???
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Marc, you are definitely improving with every figure you paint.
    I'm very impressed with your passion and strong desire to improve your skills,
    you are on the right track and with every figure you paint you get better and better.

Keep up the good work and do continue to ask questions.

Cheers

Roc.
  5. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Marc,

I think all in all he has turned out pretty nice. I think the eyes may have too much white and maybe on the next figure try to concentrate on making them a little less. Another thing you may want to try is to add a little more detail to the back of the hands. I know that this is an area that I am trying to improve on. I can't tell from the pictures but maybe just a few more highlights on the vest area. I think you did a nice job with the backpack and the gaiters. I look forward to seeing the next figure.

All the best,

Joe
  6. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Marc- I would echo Joe's comments on the eyes whites. For me, they are a bit too bright white. I actually add a bit of humbrol flesh to my tit white when I do my eyes. Not sure if you are doing the face in acrylics or eyes but the same idea applies. :)

I like the whites... subtle but effective.

Keith (y)
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Rocco My friend,

Your to kind. Thanks for the nice words. I am trying to make progress.
    I hope you see it .

Joe i got to agree with you. In life the eyes are not so white. But the next time, i do more off white. Now it is out of the bottle, but maybe a tiny spot of red will do.
    For the hands, there is no texture in it. If you see it i made it. But maybe trying to do it more.
    Thanks for all your positve critism.

Keith
    , the onl y thing i do in acrylic is the face, and try to follow the way Jaume Ortiz paint. But i made some changes to have my own. Not copying somebody, that is to easy ;) .
    Thanks for your advice with humbrol.

So i hope my celt gonna turn out better than this. :)
  8. Brad S Member

Marc

I like your figure. Espescially the groundwork, the backpack and the wood grain on the rifle. I have to pretty much echo what everyone else has said so far. White uniforms! Oh boy, oh boy. To tone down the whites of the eyes after you have finished, I will actually put a thin wash of watercolor on it. So after it dries if you got too much on it, or dont like the effect you can take it right back off. I also use watercolor for certain touch up shading.
    Keep up the work, I'm sure the next one will go better.

Brad Spelts
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Echoeing Joe and Keith......these are areas to consider on the next figure. I think you are on your way to being able to handle whites as you have done a super job here and the next white figure should be even better. The eyes are everyones hardest part and as said above.....a little flesh addes to the white. I use an antique white sometimes too. I do also admire your drive to do better and your eagerness to hear comments. Thats how we all improve with the help of other's eyes.

Whats next my friend, on your workbench?
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Brad
    thank you for your comments, i should try your solution with a thinny wash.

Guy,

I have to speak for myself, this eyes where not the best i painted.
    And i admire your support. Thanks to your first comment on a bust or was it a celtic warrior i painted a year ago, i've been painting almost every evening.
    It was your support that keeps me going after i done this first figure.
    I would again thank you for that: if it was not such a great comment i will have buildt AFV. But painting figure's is the nicest hobby i have.
    Again Thank you.
    The next on the workbench is the Celtic Warrior (see Vbench SBS)

Marc
  11. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Marc,

I think the next one will be really nice. Just a note about eyes, I never, ever use white. I use basic skintone from Vallejo for the white area. It may look funny but after everything is painted, it will look better.

Here are few examples of what I did.

All the best,

Joe

[IMG] [IMG]

[IMG]
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Joe,
    Thanks for a solution. I'll try this one on my next figure.

Thanks again.

Marc
  13. diosytexas Member

England
    hi marc. you picked a hard one colour wise. well done. dave.