1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Finished Janissary

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I finally finished painting the arrows today and while taking pics of another figure, I also took the final photos of the Janissary.

All comments are welcome.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

close ups in next posting
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Close ups of Turkish Janissary

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Thanks guys for all your support and encouragement.
  3. mikec55 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Beautiful work, Guy. Another gem for your display case,

Mike
  4. Hyades New Member

Wow! Never thought orange and green could ever go so well together! Fantastic paint job, Guy. :lol: Very subtle shading - it almost looks real. This is indeed one that sits in a prominent place in the display case.

Thanks for the photos!
    Nancy
    aka Hyades
  5. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Guy, great looking figure. I like everything about how this figure came together. All the colors tie in well and your groundwork is first class. Very nice job with the subtle blending of your colors. Not bad for an "oil" guy, Guy. :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist. Seriously though, probaby some of the best work Iv'e seen by you to date. (y) So what's next?

Jim Patrick
  6. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Guy, I've watched this and the Osceola come to completion and I must say that they are some of the best you've put up here. I know you've been painting a long time, but I think you've raised your personal bar a notch. Good job.
  7. Roc Active Member

United-States
    hey Guy, looks fantastic, good work.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers :)
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the feedback Mike, Nancy, Jim and Roc....I appreciate the kind words and encouragement. This is truely one of my better figures that just seemed to come right together and turn out just the way I wanted it to.

John....Thanks John, I appreciate the comments coming from someone who's work I use as a reference for my Native American scenes....It means alot.

It seems like the longer a person has been painting....the heavier that bar is to raise. Lets hope I can keep it in the new "raised Position"
  9. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    AWESOME,Guy,JUST AWESOME (y) (y) !! Thanks for posting it for the rest of us "mortals" to enjoy ! Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  10. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Guy,

Really nice pictures. I think you are getting the hang of it. I have to agree, your best work and you have really made such an improvement over these last figures, just watch your back on that bar. ;)

Joe
  11. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    This is a truly well done figure Guy. I enjoyed your sbs as much as the final result. I knew it that i wouldn't get dissapointed :)
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hey Guy,

This one is a knock-down. What a beautyfull piece off work.
    I think it is one off your best.
    Amazing.

Marc.
  13. y_wong New Member

Dear Guy,

Very well painted. I have a question for you. Will you be painting the ground work eventually?

regards :)
  14. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Impressive work GUY. Very well painted and also excellent groundwork

Rafa
  15. Larry R New Member

Oustanding Guy, I especially like the sash around his waist. Excellent work, enjoyed your SBS.
  16. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks guys for the feedback, I appreciate it.

Wong - I have painted all the groundwork that gets painted. The tall grass is from Woodland Scenics and the brighter green is actually floral moss pulled apart and fastened in smaller amounts. If I had used static grass, I would have painted that. Hope that answers your question.
  17. pabelo40 New Member

Hi Guy
    Excellent paint. I like your shadows on figures.
    Regards
    Pawel
  18. Le Lancier Member

Canada
    As expected, a magnificent work of art. Thumbs up on a job well done, Guy (y)

Cheers
    Francis
  19. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Pawel and Francis for the feedback, I do appreciate it.
  20. Brad S Member

Guy,

Can I say anymore? The figure looks wonderful! I like all the beautiful shading and the overall composition. Great Work!

Brad Spelts