1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Finished Frozen In Time

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Vikingz, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Vikingz Member

United-States
    This project started in 06 when I 1st did the review for this figure, I'm happy to announce the process is now complete. When I 1st saw this figure, a picture came to my head of him standing on a cliff with a waterfall. Some addition and subtraction and you get the following...

Attached Files:

2. mikec55 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    David,

Beautiful work & in light of the fact that it's only about 15 degrees here today, very timely. All your hard work paid off because it looks very realistic.

Mike
  3. Vikingz Member

United-States
    Mike

Thanks for the kind words, its always nice to hear others can appreciate your work.

Its also a little chilly around these parts at a balmy 62 degrees......Sorry.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    David,
    Time has payed off. What an incredible work it has bin. But your creation is awesome.
    Only one point of interest: i should add some ice on his beard and on the cloths some snow. It is to clean for me in this really cold environment.

Marc
  5. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi,

THE STALACTITES ARE VERY REALISTIC.:eek::eek::eek:

Regards from Portugal
    Pedro
  6. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    David,
    Very neat base and great figure.
    Cheers
    John
  7. Brent Fordham New Member

Canada
    Your ice effects are really well done - very convincing.
  8. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Hello David!

Its a nice vignette but a little hard to comment on the ice. Like the byrnie and the hair.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  9. Vikingz Member

United-States
    Thanks guys, kind words can really scratch the itch to do more work.

Snow has seam to come easy, as I learned the process from some of the best special effects artist in the industry from the get go. They would attend our local monthly meetings.

Marc

When I removed the tape around the base I damaged a few of the edges so when I get around to fixing that I will add some dust to the face and other areas. In person you are able to see more of the snow dust as the light washes out the snow in these pics.
  10. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    David,

Thanks for posting these awesome pics. It's a very hot day here in Perth today, and your pics really helped cool me down. Fantastic work and a great reward for your patience and persistence.
  11. Vikingz Member

United-States
    Tony

Here are some more pics that I hope may help you chill...

Attached Files: