1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Finished FIW vignette, 54mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I finished this vignette up over vacation and is all from La Meridiana Miniatures. The Huron Indian came with a canoe, which I put aside for another project and combined him with the French Scout.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I added a brass plaque to the back of the vignette to tell more information about the scene.

All comments / questions are welcomed.
  2. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Guy:

Nice idea combining the two figures. It looks like they were meant to be together! Beautiful painting. The Huron's skin tone is particularly good! The ground work is marvelous!

All the best,
    Dan
  3. diosytexas Member

England
    hi guy. another gem, great job on the ground work also. dave.
  4. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Guy, Nice job. I have the French Marine and I bet the native is just as nice.~Gary
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work Guy,

Good combination of these two figures. I also like that pallisade. Where can i buy such thing.
    Painting is as ussual outstanding.

marc
  6. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great stuff! I got to see this one in person, and the photos unfortunately don't do anything for the details. It's all in the details, Guy you did a great job making the most of them.

Jay H.
    OKC
  7. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Looking really nice Guy. Like Megroot, I too like the wall section. Tell us more about it. All in all, it's a simple, straightforward vignette but really effective. Again, really nice job my friend ;) (y)

Jim Patrick

BTW- I noticed you changed the color of your bases and the nameplate. Does this have another home?
  8. pmacko Member

Very nice Guy. I really like the La Meridiana figures. Their faces are a pleasure to paint. This combination goes well together and the stockade wall is a perfect compliment. Have you painted their Rogers Ranger and Highlander yet?
  9. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Guy, nice work, my compliments, glad your back.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  10. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    GREAT JOB, Guy (y) (y) !!! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  11. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Great work Guy, could you tell me how you did the wood sticks?
    all the best

ER
  12. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Both of these figures are loaded with detail and alot of fun to bring the detail out.

Marc ~ The fort wall section is also from La Meridiana and can be purchased right from them. Look in their accessory section of their website. I believe Military Miniature Warehouse also carries this accessory too.

Jim ~ This vignette goes to a collector around Christmas time.
  13. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Ernest

The Fort wall section is from La Meridiana Miniatures and is part of their accessory line.
  14. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Super stuff Guy. These two are very well balanced and this is a well composed peice. The thought that's gone into this is there for us all to see. Top stuff. ;) Not only that - they're well painted as well.
  15. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the compliment Anthony. I look forward to more releases from La Meridiana in the future.
  16. Brad S Member

Nice vignette Guy! I also like the whole composition. You're like a master on those indian skin tones.

Brad Spelts
  17. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Brad. I don't know about the Master stuff but the figure's sculpting helps when you paint it.
  18. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Great vignette Guy,
    best regards
    christos
  19. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Chris............I really enjoyed putting this one together.
  20. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    Well done, Guy. I love the feeling of this work.