1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Finished Duke of Marlborough

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mike Blank, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Mike Blank New Member

Mike just sent me the fininhed photos of "The Duke of Marlborough" entry for Euro Militaire this weekend.

Beautiful work Mike!

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Mike,

:eek: :eek: :eek: looks perfect as laways.

Looking forward to your next project.

Best wishes,
    Markus
  3. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    WOW!!!

As always...........superb!!

Good luck for Euro,

Ray ;)
  4. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Mike

Your just too Damn Good, thats just brilliant

Dave
  5. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Amazing work there Mike. Surely no 1 :)

Xenofon
  6. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh
  7. Mike Blank New Member

Dear Friends!
    I wanna thank you all for your comments on this project, they are always inspiring!
    I had a great time doing this scene. and painting the red uniforms (scarlet) was really fun. I actually found it easier than my "normal" blue uniforms! I guess you are al gonna se some more figures from Marlboroughs army in the future... !
    This diorama will be my entry at Euromilitaire (I am off tomorrow) which will give some of you guys a chance to see it the flesh.
    Looking forward meeting some of you during this weekend of figure-show-fun!
    Have a safe trip

Mike
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Mike,

I'm looking forward to see it saturday. Maybe it is a best of Show.

marc
  9. Grant New Member

Mike,

Congratulations! This is a beautiful piece. It's well posed and painted, as usual with you. I particularly like the facial expressions. I wish I was able to see this in person. Enjoy Euro Militaire.
  10. mike23 New Member

Not sure if it's just the white causing an optical 'bloom', but shouldn't the horse's chest be more defined? Not as much as, say, Lara Croft... or Arnold; just *some* visible muscle.
  11. elvis A Fixture

:eek: Great work my friend, is a usual always. your friend luca :lol: :lol:
  12. merlino Well-Known Member

Italy
    Wow......!
    Congratulation! Another superb scratch. Geat work and good luck for Euro.
    Your friend Angelo, from Verona.
  13. D.Lesko Member

Very nice piece but i have to agree with Mike, the horses chest looks a bit odd. It may be the picture but it looks to rounded and fat.
  14. Mike Blank New Member

Hi guys!
    Once again many thanks for the commensts!
    I have to agrre that the horses belly does look a bit rounded, but it is actually being "shaped " like this from the lights when taking the photos (you can see that the captured and torn flag held by the kneeling soldier is also way to bright... a common problem when taking photos of white painted aereas.... it simply reflects too much light! I have to practise the art of taking photos of minatures a bit more... I actually find it easier to paintand to sculpt them than to take pics of them!!!
    Anyway, some of you my friends will be able to see in real (ther best way to see a figure!) during this weekend to come!
    See you very soon!
    Have a safe journey
    Mike
  15. EasyOff Member

Mike, I think you should set up a bunk house over at your place and have a few of us over for some creativity lessons. My gosh I love what you do. It was a pleasure chatting with you at World Expo 2005 as well. Just about every night I look at that photo of the knight hospitaler all done up in black in the black and white book. I love working with blacks and it has to be THE most favorite picture that I have.

Thanks so much for showing us your work.

John Boilard.