1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Finished Crow Dancer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Feb 5, 2006.

1. DaveCox Member

United-Kingdom
    Guy, this is a really good piece of work. I know how hard it was to assemble, but the painting didn't suffer in the process - nice one mate!
  2. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi Guy
    As I imagined
    this is a great job
    It compliments

;) MAB
  3. Zlobov*S Active Member

Hi Guy!
    Very good bust!(y)
    Here only hair are short - crow hair were allocated long. Also can was better if to put figure on the person is a dancer, a holiday, religious roots of a ceremony. Not so bright as on powwow, and easy - approximately as on portraits Kirby Sattler*s.!? And for such large size as a bust - it is possible to add hair locks on "bustle" - will be still beautiful! Yours faithfully - oh I also love this theme!!!:lol: Perfectly Guy!
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Guy,

I only can echo the others. Great work. All that work payed off.

Marc
  5. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Some top work there Guy, as usual. I bet those feathers drove you crazy...your patience and skill have been repaid, looks great!
    Hope all is well and the house is getting straighened out ;)
    all the best mate.
  6. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Beautiful base as well...........
  7. Bruno New Member

Hi Guy,

a very nice painting of a very good bust. You have a tremendous feeling for Native Americans, I love your worke!

Many greatings from Germany

Bruno
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the compliments and kind words guys......much appreciated.
  9. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    Very nicely done, Guy. As has been already said, I think you have a great feeling for this subject.
  10. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hello Guy I like the way that your paint the Indians, hope to see more of this greats works.... :)
    take care

ER
  11. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Marvelous, Guy! That skin tone is just incredible. How do you DO THAT? ;) [Rhetorical question - I think I'd probably never understand... :) ]

All the best,
    Dan
  12. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    I have to agree. Your American Indian skin tones are really good. Bob Knee has great American Indian skin tones too. Did you see his article in HM?

I first thought that the name plate looked crooked (clocked a bit to the right and down) but concluded it was the lighting in the pic.

Keith
  13. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the kind words guys. I appreciate the feedback.
  14. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Good job Guy. Nice flesh tones

Stephen Mallia
  15. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the kind words Stephen. I've got 4 more Harton Busts to do and hope the flesh gets even better.
  16. Kyle Member

United-States
    Guy,

Studying this figure is like going to a clinic for me. Your shading techniques are amazing, and I am learning as I observe your skill.

Thank you
    ;)
  17. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Kyle, for the kind words. Alot of practice over the years, I guess.