1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Finished - 90mm French Imperial Grenadier Guard

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Oct 12, 2007.

1. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi guys

I've finished the Andrea 90mm French Imperial Grenadier Guard figure. The only thing missing is the face plate, which is going on tonight. A couple of the shots depict the Grenadier standing outside Fontanbleu Palace, and on campaign, just for bit of fun.

I've also included some step-by-step pics I took during construction of the base to give other Planeteers a quick guide to making bases.

Any comments/ criticism welcome.
    Cheers

Attached Files:

2. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Beautiful work Tony. Neat and clean paintwork. I like it a lot.

Xenofon
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Good work Tony,
    You managed the white very well.

Marc
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Tony. I too, like the whites. Very well done.
  5. Mark S Guest

Well done Tony,
    Nice figure, beautifully painted.
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Mark, Guy, Marc, Xenofon

Thanks very much for your comments. I'm really pleased with how this figure turned out and I'm glad you all like it too.
    Cheers.
  7. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Really nice Tony and you got my fingers itching as mine is waiting in the pipeline, but will finish the Count of Flanders first.......I'm that slow yes :(

Just a historical note if I may......from the references I gathered and most of them are from Napoleonuic Fanatics and re-enactors (not like me) the blue is much much more darker.......almost black infact.........

However with that said and if it can't be corrected now, you did a really nice job on this classic :)

Ray ;)
  8. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Excellent paint job Tony!!
  9. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi guys

Thanks for your comments. Ray, thanks for your comment on the colour of the coat. I think I might put a couple of dark blue washes over the jacket to darken it up a bit.
    Cheers
  10. EdC Member

United-States
  11. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Ed

Thanks so much for the link to the French Army Museum. As has been pointed out by several Planeteers, my blue isn't dark enough, and now I have really good reference shots to match the colour perfectly.
    Cheers
  12. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    I would have to see the real thing first. I hardly can see any shades on this picture but I'm quite sure you've painted them on.
  13. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Ed

My belated thanks for your link to the French Army Museum website. I've saved it in my "Favourites" and it will come in handy on my next Napoleonic figure; a 120mm Miniart French Curassier in plastic.

Those of you who suggested the blue on my Grenadier could be much darker; thanks, you were right!! Back to the drawing board.

Cheers
  14. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Long overdue update

Hi guys,

I've finally put the finishing touches to this 90mm Andrea figure, which includes darkening the blue of the jacket and adding a name plate to the front of the base.

The name plate is made of paper. The lettering comes from MS Word and was then over-painted in Vallejo Gold.

My apologies for the delay in posting these update pics, but I've had a few other projects get in the way of finishing this guy off.;) ;) ;)

Cheers

Attached Files:

15. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Good work Tony, my compliments.

Cheers
    Roc
  16. Mark S Guest

What!?Are you snorting something,Tony or has the doctor told you you've only got a few weeks to live or something...Slow down,Mate.
    -And the figure been beautifully finished.
    cpm
  17. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Rocco & Mark,

Thanks fellas, its been a long time between drinks on this figure, but I'm pleased with the final results.

Mark, I've been sniffing resin and superglue for waaaaay too long. Hopefully many more years and many more models yet to come.

Cheers
  18. IIICorps Active Member

United-States
    Nice work. On campaign, he probably wore trousers in place of his breeches and gaiters.

:)
  19. dinovision79 Active Member

Excellent work Tony, beside the whites I like the small metal parts and the face too!
    Thanks!
    Denes
  20. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Michael and Denes,

Thanks for your kind words guys.

Cheers