1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

finding weapons to start sculpting

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by FoeHammer, Mar 17, 2004.

1. FoeHammer New Member

Canada
    HI guys, after a few months lurking and admiring the talent on this forum, I want to try my hand at sculpting. I have one big question where do you get muskets and the such, I know at this time being a total beginner it s far beyond me to start making weapons, I mostly am thinking of muskets, swords etc for the napoleonic period. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shawn Luchak
  2. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Some companies sell the arms seperatley , historex for example there are alot of spares about, try verlinden for accessorie sets. Otherwise from kits etc.

Robin
  3. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    when it comes to napoleonic subjects it's always historex for me.

Stephen Mallia
  4. FoeHammer New Member

Canada
    Thanks foe the help guys,
    Where is a good online store to get historex products in North America?

Shawn Luchak
  5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Shawn, I believe Metal Models sell their Napoleonic weapons and accessories as spare parts. They may cost more than Historex but the quality is high.~Gary
  6. Automata Member

United-States
    Shawn,

I don't think anyone in the U.S. carries the Historex spare parts anymore. Squadron carries the complete kits and you can find Historex stuff pretty often on Ebay, but the bids get a little out of hand sometimes.

Squadron carries a lot of the full kits and has had some great sales within the past few months on them. I picked up some of their mounted figs for something like $6 each. The foot figs have been down as low as $4. Even when not on sale, many of the kits are in the $8 - $10 range. There are a lot of useful parts in the full kits, so they are not a bad way to go.

NCO Historex: http://www.historex.com/pgehistorex/pgepie...cadrepieces.htm does sell the individual parts, but I have no idea what they are like to order from.

Let me know if there is a specific weapon that you are looking for. I have piles of certain types of weapons and I wouldn't mind letting go of a few of them.

Good Luck,
    Barry
  7. Luis R. Active Member

Spain
    HR Products also have a good range of 54mm weapons, though not many from the napoleonic period.
  8. Grizzly Member

Michael Roberts has a Brown bess musket and some other stuff that may be useful.
    Look at the manufacturers lists in the links. HTH ;)