1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Finally A Napoleonic Figure I Would Consider Doing

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Uruk-Hai, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I felt the same way Uruk-Hai when I saw this one this morning. It may make me go back to do a Napoleonic afterall.
  3. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    I figured(pardon the pun) that your first pick should be the commanche? But perhaps you (like many of us) dont have a bag limit?

I thought the Predator looked nice as well, but on the other hand I still have the unpainted Halycon kit laying around.
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Ah, Uruk-Hai, The Comanche was already picked and on the order blank.
    Living near the Comanche Reservation gives me an advantage over many. The Napoleonic, however is well done and a greatly different subject matter than most of the stiff poses we see available now.

Guy
  5. Hardy Guest

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Edson Member

Mexico
    i like the Predator very much, but guess i will change the skin colors when i got it Lol!! :lol:

Cheers
    Ed (y)
  7. simon1969 New Member

United-Kingdom
    Is it just me, or does the Napoleonic figure(s) remind anyone else of a Bill Horan piece?
    It's a good departure from the "norm" for Napoleonics that may make me try a new period!

Simon
  8. LCoote New Member

Australia
    It's not like any piece that I've seen of Bill's, though in his Chillianwallah diorama there was a soldier carrying the drummer boy, though in front
  9. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    I can understand why you relate to Horans vignette of the wounded drummer boy. On the other hand I dont think that Horan did come up with that as an original idea. I would like to remember having seen similar concept before and definitly in paintings. However, Horans is probably the best and the most widespread.

The different style in Napoleonics is perhaps an idea to gain back interest. This release is very like the 90mm Napoleonic figure Andrea released at Euro 2002(or was it World Expo). Also Ive been thinking of doing the flat series "Retreat from Moscow" as it is in the same mode.
  10. Debra Raymond New Member

Is it just me or does the "new" Andrea look exactly like an old 54mm piece done by De Tara about 8 or 9 years ago? I think it was called Retreat from Moscow. Same pose, same snow scene - just a horse head missing!

Debbie
  11. simon1969 New Member

United-Kingdom
    That's the one I was thinking of! Thankyou