1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

FIN: Human & Project Insight

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by MassiveVoodoo, Feb 5, 2020.

1. MassiveVoodoo New Member

United-States
    Hey Jungle,

another bust finished.
    This time from Beyond Miniatures. It is a so called anatomic bust, named Dahak.
    A great sculpt by Raul Garcia Latorre. I did change it a little as I was mainly interested in painting his face not the full body. So I sanded it off to focus on the face.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Paintjob Insight:
    It was a really cool approach for me. I first put a basic skin color to the full bust and then used thick watercolor to place it for skin variations:

[IMG]

I used my shadow skin color, middle tone skin color and highlight skin color to mix it directly with the variations I plan with the watercolor ...

[IMG]

[IMG]

This was such a cool base to start from and it was ace quick. Of course the watercolor would be removable if it would not mix properly with the acrylic color, but I mixed it. And so I was able to paint on top of it.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I really enjoyed working on this skin with texture. For my taste skin looks so much more alive.
    I hope you like it!

You can also find the bust up to:
    https://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/23936
    https://www.romanlappat.com/miniatures/human

This bust is in private collection.
    Thank you for your support!

Keep on happy painting!
    Best Wishes,
    Roman

Continue reading...
    oldtrousers likes this.