1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Figurres with added backdrops

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by SRP, Oct 19, 2010.

1. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Sometimes...for my own amusement..I put in a backdrop to my figs...this is just so I can see them from a different perspective..and it makes a change for me to see them without a wall or chair in the background. Just a bit of fun really....hope you like them. Pirate ..Alien and spiderman are 54mm... fantasy guy is 30mm.

Attached Files:

tonydawe, gordy and kaz6120 like this.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    All great pieces, but that is some impressive work on a 30mm.
    Carl.
  3. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I agree the work on the 30mm fantasy figure is fantastic and for me with the sea backdrop the best one.

Steve(y)
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I like these kind of pictures.
    As Einion is going to do a tutorial about changing backgrounds, you good do a tutorial with these backgrounds.
    Put them into the section photography.

Marc
  5. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Steven,
    Nicely done and great backgrounds.
    Cheers
    John
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very cool (y) ads a whole new dynamic :)
  7. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Steven,

Thanks for sharing your pics with backdrops. My favourite is the pirate under moonlight.

I've tried doing this myself a few times with mixed results, but yours are excellent. I presume you used photoshop of some other program to do this??
  8. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I would be only too pleased to do some kind of tutorial on backgrounds if members are interested..thank you....and yes Tony you are right...it is using Photoshop..so if anyone has this...I would be happy to go through it.
  9. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very cool! I would love to know how you did so put me down for yes!

Joe
  10. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Definately, definately, definately do a SBS on how you have done this. Would love to know as it puts a new perspective on our figures.
    Ben
    gordy likes this.
  11. Gary D PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Absolutely Please!! I am now thinking of getting photoshop elements 8 (I assume that's the one everyone is using?). This SBS would be all I really need for what I want to do.

Thanks

Gary
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Gary,
    I use Photoshop CS 3....
    At the moment there is 5.
    If i hear Ramir (chairman of our club) he cannot do everything with Elements. So i hope you can do this not so easy task with PSE 8

Marc
  13. Gary D PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Thanks Marc. I'm not particular in what software I buy, whether it is PSE 8 or CS 3 or even photoshop itself. What I am aiming at is to get a software program that will print nice nameplates and do the background colours and images as mentioned above by Steve. I'm certainly open to any idea's of what to buy so if anyone has a preference I would be interested in seeing examples of what they can do with what they've got...

Gary
  14. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    An SBS would be great for backdrops in PS :)

Steve (y)
  15. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the response everyone..I have started a post on how to use backdrops in the 'Photography' section..cheers.
    SRP