1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Figurines #57

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by amherbert, May 1, 2004.

1. amherbert Member

Hi

I'm not sure if anyone's interested, but I just got the latest issue in the mail this morning.
    I guess it gets here about a month late or so.

Contents:
    4 shows covered: Arzignano 2003, Bruges 2003, Rubelles 2003, Lyon 2004

Painting with oils for beginners by Guy Bibeyran
    French Lead figures (toy soldiers)
    Making a figure carrying case by Pascal Clere

Imperial Guard Foot Artillery uniforms etc. 1855 - 1870
    French Light Infantry Uniforms 1806 - 1812 part 2

Figure articles:
    Junot, Duc d'Abrantes
    Murat by Ivo Preda
    Mike Blank's Swedish Officer, Charles' XII reign
    Russian Sentinels by Diego Ruina
    Andrea's Tomb Raider figure built up.

And of course pages and pages of new release goodies.
    The new format for those is growing on me, although bigger pics would be nice.

Cheers
    Andy
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Andy.....it helps alot of us to know what is in some of the issues so we can decide whether to buy it or not.
  3. amherbert Member

Hi Guy

I wasn't sure if the news was too late for folks, given the mag must come out some time before I get it. Of course I can provide translation of the French, which may help!

I flicked through, the issue yesterday, and it appears H&C are upping the figure offerings. As a subscriber, one gets a 'free' figure each year. Now they are starting to add special edition figures subscribers can buy. Interesting. The subscriptions are a reasonable price, and the figures one receives are decent.

Cheers
    Andy