1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Figurines #52

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by amherbert, Jan 29, 2005.

1. amherbert Member

Hi there.

I'm not sure if anyone posted the contents of issue #61. I can do that if anyone's interested.

Anyway, #62 arrived in the mail yesterday, and here's the lowdown:

Cool cover, as always, showing a vignette by some guy named Bill. Won best of show at the contest in Gérone. (Girona if you like!)

There are show reports (with lots of great photos) from:
    Girona
    Sèvres
    Blagnac

The Beginner's Corner feature on the 90mm mounted knight concludes with a description of painting the banner. In-frickin-credible detail on the banner, and it's all in oils. The completed figure is something to see.

There's an article on Toy Soldiers by Quiralu.

Uniform notes are provided for French Dragoons, 1762 regulations.
    There's also a section on Swiss troops in French service from the 18th century to the end of the Napoleonic Wars.

There's an article on converting Andrea's Brother's in Arms figures (the Old Guard Grenadier carrying a drummer boy) to a similar duo in the Russian army (Russian Guard Grenadier and drummer boy), by Maurizio Berselli.

There's a figure article entitled "Too Late" (trop tard) showing a scratch built/converted mounted Border Riever.

Transformation of a Metal Models mounted Hussar officer to represent Charles Antoine Manhès by Claudio Signanini.

The figure 'taken in hand' this time is Pegaso's Knight in the Holy Land (54-151) by Éric Crayston. THe figure is mostly done in acrylics.

There's the annual 32 page insert from H&C publications so you can figure out what magazines, books etc. you really need or want, and of course, there's a mere 6 pages full of new releases (many seen here, but certainly not all)!

Looks to be an interesting issue, and Bill's vignette looks great.

à la prochaine!
    Andy
  2. Guayo New Member

Thanks Andy for putting the content, one question, on the Uniforms part of the magazine Who are the artists of the Swiss troops in French service and the French Dragoons? are they the usual team Petard and Jouineau?

I like the Bill interview on Figure International, in this one(Figurines 62) is a S-B-S of the "His Face to the enemy" or just the photos.

Thanks and sorry if I have so many questions
    Eduardo
  3. amherbert Member

Hi Eduardo.

It's the usual team for the illustrations. The center spread by Petard and then those little mannequin like figures by Jouineau. The dragoons are in the center spread with the nice water color pictures.

And there is just one photo of the vignette by Bill Horan in the show report. No SBS or anything. Actually, I've never seen an article by Bill in Figurines...

And that wasn't too many questions!!

Cheers
    Andy
  4. Guayo New Member

Thanks for your answers Andy, you are right about the Bill article, well lets hope that in the near future we see the "10 Question à...Bill Horan" and I do not speak french but my wife does so she read it to me, we really enjoy the last interview to LE-VAN QUANG, plus the nice photos of his work(figurines 60).

Eduardo
  5. amherbert Member

Ola Eduardo.

If you want to know what was in #61 I can let you know.

The interview with Quang was very good. I didn't care for much of the rest of issue 60, but 61 was pretty good.

Andy
  6. Guayo New Member

Hi Andy, When I bought figurines 61, I was looking for the next part of the "Le caparaqon et la bannière" (Coin du debutant) but finish enjoying more the uniforms plate of Andrè Jouineau "Les drapeaux de l`ancien Règime", I would use it for my next project, the Elite figure of Mike Blank (MB/54.17),

[IMG]

Thank you very much for your offer of help Andy, next time I know who to ask about the magazine content, did you know that Neal of Sentinel Miniatures is selling old Figurines magazines at $6.00. :)

Take care
    Eduardo
  7. georges64 Member

France
    Hi Guayo !
    First,happy birthday :)
    Second,unfortunatly,the "10 Questions à B. Horan.."was in Figurines number 42 !
    regards
    georges64
  8. Guayo New Member

Thank you George, I didn't know about the Question to Bill, I only have recent numbers, I'm not a suscriber. I would look for it.

Eduardo